X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please?! Wisconsin Wisconsin

thanks got all in needed. done
    Last edited by Maliki; 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM. Reason: done

Half of that child's genetic makeup comes from you. You were okay when it was time to play, but now that it's time to pay you want out? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You don't just get to sign off your responsibility because it isn't convenient.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The courts won't let you get out of your responsibility unless the mother remarries and the husband agrees to adopt. The child has a right to be supported by both parents, period. You should have thought of this before you unzipped your pants. You're stuck with the payments, and frankly, and order of $150 a month is pathetic and doesn't even begin to cover the costs or raising her. You'd think that at 29 you would have figured out how to make more money. That's the k

ey, you can only reduce costs so far, but you have unlimited ability to increase your income. You probably should start thinking in that direction, instead of thinking of dumping a kid you helped create and who didn't ask for flaky parents. It's time to man up, start being a DAD and start paying for your responsiblities. Your daughter needs your love as well as support.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
        You're stuck with the payments, and frankly, and order of $150 a month is pathetic and doesn't even begin to cover the costs or raising her.
        Alice, it's $150.00 a week (not a month as you noted) that he has to pay.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I think you fine ladies handled that exceptionally well!
          I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
          Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
          I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
          Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Well, aren't you the gentleman today!
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              Well, aren't you the gentleman today!
              I'm always a gentleman to the fine ladies that moderate LLT!
              I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
              Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
              I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
              Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

That's so sweet or maybe I shouldn't go that far ........

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X