please i need help right away! Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please i need help right away! Wisconsin

im begging someone to help me...my best friend who is like my little sister is getting beat by her parents they leave no evidence but many people have seen it, the problem is is i dont know how sohe can get emancipated so she can move out here to virginia with me...she also has a history of attempting suicid because of all her problems which we think will stop her from getting what she needs. her parents are also beating her little sister. he little sister drinks constantly and her parents seem to not notice...i mean she gets really messd up and shes only 15 my friend being 17 is doing all she can to try to save herself and her sister pease if you have any information fior me e mail me at [email protected] please i am very desperate to help her.

Originally posted by er1caz View Post
    im begging someone to help me...my best friend who is like my little sister is getting beat by her parents they leave no evidence but many people have seen it, the problem is is i dont know how sohe can get emancipated so she can move out here to virginia with me...she also has a history of attempting suicid because of all her problems which we think will stop her from getting what she needs. her parents are also beating her little sister. he little sister drinks constantly and her parents seem to not notice...i mean she gets really messd up and shes only 15 my friend being 17 is doing all she can to try to save herself and her sister pease if you have any information fior me e mail me at [email protected] please i am very desperate to help her.
    A 15 year old cannot get emancipated. She can call family services, though.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

no no my friend is 17 her sister is 15 it was just to show her invironment

Comment

There is no statute for emancipation in Wisconsin. She cannot be emancipatied.

If she leaves home, she is a runaway. If she crosses state lines and you help, you are in violation of the Mann Act, a federal offense.

She can move out when she is 18. However, if she moves to your state, that leaves her younger sibling unprotected and alone in the environment. She needs to call child protective services or the police or speak to a teacher or school counselor if her parents are abusing her and her sibling. If she just needs to talk to someone, tell her to try 1-800-4-A-CHILD or childhelp.org for more help.

Comment

[QUOTE=speak to a teacher or school counselor if her parents are abusing her and her sibling. [/QUOTE]

the sad thing is is her teachers and counselors know they said theres nothing she can do cuz of her suicide attempts

Comment

the sad thing is is her teachers and counselors know they said theres nothing she can do cuz of her suicide attempts
            That is 100% untrue.

Are you honestly saying that abused children cannot be helped because they are suicidal? That is stupid. That would be even MORE of a reason for authorities to become involved, not less.

Her teachers do not have a choice. They are bound by law to report not just abuse, but her suicide attempts as well. And they do not have motivation to NOT report the abuse. If she told you that her teachers and counselors told her this, she is lying to you.

Comment

trust me i know her better then anyone and i know those teachers they really are like that im afraid if the athorities know that they'll take her away instead of letting her stay with us

Comment

trust me i know her better then anyone and i know those teachers they really are like that im afraid if the athorities know that they'll take her away instead of letting her stay with us
                No authority is required to allow this person to travel to another state to be with you. You can follow the advice listed above. Foster care isn't necessarily a bad thing. The goal is to reunite kids with their parents, not remove them permanently.
                Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Teachers do not dismiss suicidal teens who come to them complaining that they are being abused at home. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. Again, if she says that she complained about the abuse at school, and a teacher or counselor said, "Well, gee kid, I'd like to help you, but since you attempted suicide, I can't, you're stuck at home in an abusive situation," then she is lying to you. The police, teachers and child services do not turn ther backs on abused, suicidal children.

She cannot be emancipated. Not only because it is not an option in Wisconsin, but because even if it WAS, no state will emancipate a child who has made a suicide attempt in the past. If she is being abused, then she NEEDS to be taken out of the home. Going to live with you is not an option. If you have advised her NOT to call the police or child protective services becasue you are afraid she'll end up in foster care, you are only aiding her abusive parents, not helping her.

Comment

To recap.

She needs to get out of that home. Call the authorities.

She will be placed in foster care. Unless her parents sign over guardianship to your parents, she will not be allowed to live with you.

And if you are over 18, no, you cannot adopt her. No judge would allow that.

My wife is a school teacher. I can tell you that a suicidal kid that comes to her stops her whole world. She will drop everything to walk the child to the counselor for help. Most teachers actually care about children.

Your friend is lying.... which means, of course, that she could be lying about other things as well.

Now, I am not telling you to not call the police, but hear me out.

She is 17. She is abused in such a way that no one can see the marks. All the authority figures she knows turn her back on her when she tells them of the abuse. Her 15 year old sister gets wasted and no one notices or cares.

Is there ANY chance your friend could be having an intense drama moment? She wouldn't be the first 17 year old to pull the "poor poor pitiful me needs to get away from my cruel and abusive parents" garbage. Look at the number on this site alone!
                    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

no she is not having a drama moment i saked for help not to tell me that my friend is lying i know she isnt liying to me. once again i know these teachers i went to that school and i do not want to adopt her... i know people that have been emancipated from my old school before so please some one with some knowledge of this answer me and tell me how to help her.

Comment

every single response has given you your answer.

Call the authorities and have her protected.

I guess you are asking for someone to give you the way she can live with you? Not going to happen.
                        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

no she is not having a drama moment i saked for help not to tell me that my friend is lying i know she isnt liying to me. once again i know these teachers i went to that school and i do not want to adopt her... i know people that have been emancipated from my old school before so please some one with some knowledge of this answer me and tell me how to help her.
                          Well, now YOU are the one lying, kiddo (or at a minimum, stretching it a bit).

THERE IS NO STATUTE FOR EMANCIPATION IN WISCONSIN.

You cannot go to court and file for emanciaption in WI, because there is no formal process for emancipation there. The only ways for a minor to be emancipated there are by marriage (must be 16 AND have parental consent AND have a court order) or by joining the military (must be 17 AND must have parental consent).

You do not know people who have been emancipated unless they got married, joined the military or turned 18.

You are honestly trying to tell us that there is an ENTIRE SCHOOL full of teachers, TAs, administrators and counselors, not to mention an entire POLICE FORCE in a city in the state of Wisconsin, and ALL turn their backs on a suicidal and abused teenager. Just statistically speaking, that is a mathematical impossibility.

Call the police if she is being abused. If you won't, and what's happening to her is real, you may as well be smacking her around yourself, becasue you are not doing anything to help. But her crossing state lines to live with you is out of the question, unless you and the other adults you live with wish to end up in a federal prison.

Comment

Why not try a non-school related support group then. If drugs and alcohol are at play in the family, have her try an AlaTeen (Alanon) meeting near her. If she tells you the Alanon group turned their backs on her instead of helping her through issues, then you know for sure she is making things up.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                            Working...
                            X