need help Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help Wisconsin

I live in Portage county with my girlfriend, she moved in with me a little over 2years ago, leaving her family in Oconto county, about 100 miles away. The problem is her 18 year old son. He did not want to move here also because he did not want to leave all his friends and wanted to finish High school there, so he is staying with his dad ,which he has a fairly good relationship with. so my girl friend agreed, she had raised him the last 16 years by herself,reciving support from the father untill she moved. at that time, him and her went to the court house and stoped child support for him and reverced it to her, and at that time she had a good job working for a factory near there. when she moved here, she was able to keep that job because the shift that she worked enabled her to stay there with a friend to complete the shift , and then come home. she worked 3 twelve hour days, Friday threw Sunday and came home Monday morning after work and did not have to go back till Friday afternoon, a 132 mile drive from here. Now back in May, her friend had to move and my girl friend lost her place to stay, making it imposible to comute to work everyday ,so she was forced to quite. Her son turned 18 in November of 2005, he is still going to school but since she left, he does what he wants and is not doing well in school, she tryed to back to the court to get custidy of him again and move him in with us but the court said he was to close to 18 and could do nothing. since May she is behind on support and no way to pay it. jobs are hard to come by here , but she is trying. now they threating to take her car and revolk her Drivers lisc.I only make enough for us to get by, I could never afford a $400 a month payment, What do we do?
    Last edited by fhall; 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM. Reason: would like to say , father cars nothing for son, everything son gets ..we give him ,father ganbles money away!!!

Originally posted by fhall View Post
    I live in Portage county with my girlfriend, she moved in with me a little over 2years ago, leaving her family in Oconto county, about 100 miles away. The problem is her 18 year old son. He did not want to move here also because he did not want to leave all his friends and wanted to finish High school there, so he is staying with his dad ,which he has a fairly good relationship with. so my girl friend agreed, she had raised him the last 16 years by herself,reciving support from the father untill she moved. at that time, him and her went to the court house and stoped child support for him and reverced it to her, and at that time she had a good job working for a factory near there. when she moved here, she was able to keep that job because the shift that she worked enabled her to stay there with a friend to complete the shift , and then come home. she worked 3 twelve hour days, Friday threw Sunday and came home Monday morning after work and did not have to go back till Friday afternoon, a 132 mile drive from here. Now back in May, her friend had to move and my girl friend lost her place to stay, making it imposible to comute to work everyday ,so she was forced to quite. Her son turned 18 in November of 2005, he is still going to school but since she left, he does what he wants and is not doing well in school, she tryed to back to the court to get custidy of him again and move him in with us but the court said he was to close to 18 and could do nothing. since May she is behind on support and no way to pay it. jobs are hard to come by here , but she is trying. now they threating to take her car and revolk her Drivers lisc.I only make enough for us to get by, I could never afford a $400 a month payment, What do we do?
    Her recourse is to move back so she can go back to work. She is not out of a job due to the employer, therefore, her CS will not be modified. She needs to get a job.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

would like to ad, father cares nothing for son, everything son gets , new clothes and such we provide, father only gambles money away

Comment

Originally posted by fhall View Post
        would like to ad, father cares nothing for son, everything son gets , new clothes and such we provide, father only gambles money away
        Legally, that has no bearing on her legal situation. The court has declined to assign her custody again. It's only for a few more months. She needs to get a job (if that means she moves back until he graduates from HS) to pay the support. This is not worth YEARS of payments and legal reprecussions.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X