X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbowray
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg View Post
    There is no emancipation statute in Wisconsin.
    Thanks for the heads up cbg, I did not know, but now I do!

Leave a comment:

• demartian
    replied
    Originally posted by sugakitty14_db View Post
    i live my mom i am 16 years old and i live in portage county my bday is in may and i wil be 17 i wish to be emancipated but i dont know how to go about it.

i dont hate my mom but i hate living with her. honestly my she makes me feel like crap everday. i cant stand it. she says she hates me all the time she doesnt let me eat at home so i go to friends house and i eat.( i even had my school sign me up for for so i can eat) when ig o to talk to her she ignors me and when she feels like talking to me she says "speak". It makes me feel like im a dog or something. because of her i am fat. Im not really over weight but im getting there. she always makes me depressed. my friends always have to pick me up or come over almost everyday so she doesnt make me depressed. But still i am always depressed i cant enjoy anything anymore. when i am withmy friends i always think they hate me and they are all against me. ITs all her fault. I was always abused when i was little then i grew up and started defending myself. i was 13 when it stopped. but after that the emotional abuse and verbal abuse that i get from her is unbearable. she hides food from us so she can have it. In our refridgarator there is no food except for milk and dressings she tells me everything in the bottom drawer and freezer is hers and i cant touch it. Well there is never anythign in the fridge. shes taken everythign away i dont have a tv radio food nothign so i am always sitting in my room ALONE. I cant stand this at all. i refuse to go to a foster home and i disowned my father cause he was never in my life. i need to get emancipated. Please help me . i dont know how to do it or what the requirements are.

sincerely,
    Wishing to get emancipated
    Talk to someone at your school, church or call child protective services about your issues. Emancipation is for teens who are ALREADY living on their own and supporting themselves so that they can be allowed to get medical help or sign valid contracts, it is NOT a way to get away from parents that you don't like or don't agree with. WI has no emancipation laws anyway, so you will be required to go the route of improving your family life.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    There is no emancipation statute in Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• sugakitty14_db
    replied
    ok i sen tyou a private message
    Last edited by sugakitty14_db; 01-06-2007, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    The requirements are
    1. You have to hold a full time job.
    2. You have to remain in school.
    3. You have to be able to support yourself, with no roomates.
    4. You have to have a clean record (with the police).

Honey, as much as a sympathize with you, I do not see you being able to get legally emancipated. You say you refuse foster care, why would you think that that would be worse than starvation, and abuse? You need to report this abuse to child authorities, and your school counselor, and to the police. Is there a family member anywhere, where you can stay? Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin? The courts would rather you stay with the family, than with a stranger. Please keep in contact, and let us know how all is going!! I will worry about you!

Leave a comment:

• i need alot of help i dont know what to do Wisconsin

i live my mom i am 16 years old and i live in portage county my bday is in may and i wil be 17 i wish to be emancipated but i dont know how to go about it.

i dont hate my mom but i hate living with her. honestly my she makes me feel like crap everday. i cant stand it. she says she hates me all the time she doesnt let me eat at home so i go to friends house and i eat.( i even had my school sign me up for for so i can eat) when ig o to talk to her she ignors me and when she feels like talking to me she says "speak". It makes me feel like im a dog or something. because of her i am fat. Im not really over weight but im getting there. she always makes me depressed. my friends always have to pick me up or come over almost everyday so she doesnt make me depressed. But still i am always depressed i cant enjoy anything anymore. when i am withmy friends i always think they hate me and they are all against me. ITs all her fault. I was always abused when i was little then i grew up and started defending myself. i was 13 when it stopped. but after that the emotional abuse and verbal abuse that i get from her is unbearable. she hides food from us so she can have it. In our refridgarator there is no food except for milk and dressings she tells me everything in the bottom drawer and freezer is hers and i cant touch it. Well there is never anythign in the fridge. shes taken everythign away i dont have a tv radio food nothign so i am always sitting in my room ALONE. I cant stand this at all. i refuse to go to a foster home and i disowned my father cause he was never in my life. i need to get emancipated. Please help me . i dont know how to do it or what the requirements are.

sincerely,
    Wishing to get emancipated
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X