Missing Adoption Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Adoption Agency

Anyone with information on the following agency please contact me.
    Trying to determine what happened to their records when they went out of
    business.

American Friends of Children, Inc.
    Washington, DC

They were in operation at least during the 1985-1990 time period,
    possibly longer. Contact person at that time was Mary Ann Zahnir.

--
    Earle Barnes
    Administrator
    Metro Reunion Registry
    An International Registry
    http://www.MetroReunionRegistry.org
    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ebarnes/

Missing Adoption Agency

In article <[email protected]>, Earle Barnes
    <[email protected]> writes:
    Anyone with information on the following agency please contact me.Trying to determine what happened to their records when they went out ofbusiness.American Friends of Children, Inc.Washington, DC They were in operation at least during the 1985-1990 time period,possibly longer. Contact person at that time was Mary Ann Zahnir.

You may want to contact these D.C. offices for possible assistance:

DCRA Corporations Division (202) 442-4432

DCRA Basic Business License (202) 442-4311

They may be able to tell you if the corporation changed its name or merged with
    another corporation.

J.

Comment

Missing Adoption Agency

"J." wrote:
      You may want to contact these D.C. offices for possible assistance: DCRA Corporations Division (202) 442-4432 DCRA Basic Business License (202) 442-4311 They may be able to tell you if the corporation changed its name or merged with another corporation. J.
      Been there, done that. No record.

--
      Earle Barnes
      Administrator
      Metro Reunion Registry
      An International Registry
      http://www.MetroReunionRegistry.org
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ebarnes/

Comment

Missing Adoption Agency

Earle Barnes <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
        Anyone with information on the following agency please contact me. Trying to determine what happened to their records when they went out of business. American Friends of Children, Inc. Washington, DC They were in operation at least during the 1985-1990 time period, possibly longer. Contact person at that time was Mary Ann Zahnir.
        If this is the same "Friends of Children" that was part of the chain
        run by Seymour Kurtz, there are other agencies run by him still around
        in the Chicago area.

L.

Comment

Missing Adoption Agency

Lainie Petersen <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected] om...
          Earle Barnes <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:<[email protected]>...
          Anyone with information on the following agency please contact me. Trying to determine what happened to their records when they went out of business. American Friends of Children, Inc. Washington, DC They were in operation at least during the 1985-1990 time period, possibly longer. Contact person at that time was Mary Ann Zahnir. If this is the same "Friends of Children" that was part of the chain run by Seymour Kurtz, there are other agencies run by him still around in the Chicago area. L.
          Seymour Kurtz was running the Easter House Adoption Agency in Chicago when I
          released my baby girl, back in the early 80's.

Brigitte

Comment

missing adoption agency

hello everyone,

I just signed up on the site a few minutes ago because I was also searching for information on American Friends of Children, Inc. My husband and I also went through this agency with our daughter in Jan. of "91". We had an open adoption with them and we were sending letters and the agency would send us pics of her about once every six months. anyway, we had moved and I tried to contact the agency to let them know, and it said the number was disconnected. My heart was in my throat and all sorts of things started going through my mind. I still have not found anything, but i don't know where to look or who to talk to. Our daughter will be 21 this September.

dolphinelover

Comment

dolphinelover, this thread was started in 2003. I don't know if you will get any
              information other than what has already been posted.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinelover View Post
                hello everyone,

I just signed up on the site a few minutes ago because I was also searching for information on American Friends of Children, Inc. My husband and I also went through this agency with our daughter in Jan. of "91". We had an open adoption with them and we were sending letters and the agency would send us pics of her about once every six months. anyway, we had moved and I tried to contact the agency to let them know, and it said the number was disconnected. My heart was in my throat and all sorts of things started going through my mind. I still have not found anything, but i don't know where to look or who to talk to. Our daughter will be 21 this September.

dolphinelover
                Contact the Federal Trade Commission in Washington DC and ask for the Archives Section. If they cannot help you, they can likely direct you to who can. You may also have luck contacting the Dept. of Health and Human Services in the state she is from and see if they can ask their archives section.
                Hope that helps!

And let us know your success on this!
                I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X