I'm 13, he's 17. What to do? Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 13, he's 17. What to do? Washington

I'm thirteen years old. I'm turning fourteen next month. I'm in love with a boy who is seventeen years old. I was wondering if it's legal for me and him to date. If so, how long can we date until it becomes illegal? And how far can we go? No, I do not plan on having sex with him. And if we can't date now, when can we?

There are no laws that define or restrict 'dating" Its when sex or sexual contact happens that the law applies. In short if you wouldnt do it with your brother or sister it sprobably illegal to do. Also if either set of parent(s) forbids contact then its over and the relationship then does become illegal
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

You're 13. You have no idea what love is.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You may date him when and only when your parents give you permission. And whatever you are planning to do, if you couldn't do it in the front pew of the church on Christmas morning with your parents sitting in the pew behind you (credit cyjeff) then you can't do it.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Pattymd, that was unnecessary. I thank the rest of you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by (Cannibal Kenzi) View Post
            Pattymd, that was unnecessary. I thank the rest of you for your help.
            It really wasn't. At thirteen you have no idea what the hell anything is about in life, especially love!

You're thirteen, enjoy your youth! He is 17, tell him to go find someone his own age. What the hell do the two of you have in common? Other than the fact that he is eventually going to try to get in your pants because he can't make it happen with girls his own age!
            Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Follow up

What to do? Go smack your parents silly if they know about this...if they don't then they need to be smacked twice as hard!
              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Just to be clear, if things get "serious", then we are talking about prison time for the BF in most states, plus the BF getting a permanent "sexual predator" tag that will follow him around the rest of his life. I am neither joking or exagerating. If you look through prior postings on this forum, you can find other people's BF's on whom the hammer has fallen.

You cannot legally give consent. Your parents cannot legally give consent for you.

You might want to read the following article, which no one on this website wrote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of...ica#Washington
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

The irony is, so many people still haven’t a clue…

Take the time,
                  take the time young ones, to learn what love is,
                  and is not.

Take a long, long time.
                  There is so much to learn,
                  you both will be better for it

Life has a way of teaching us,
                  things our parents couldn’t,
                  Or wouldn’t,
                  often with fatal consequences for having not learned them

..___________________
                  ~ The thing about getting old, is your body has a way of telling you it’s time to start making decisions using a different part of your anatomy….

Comment

You say you are in love with him. How does he feel? It is unclear from your original post if he is even interested in you.

Comment

You want to know what happens in these kinds of cases? Check out this thread, it's very recent. http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...ht=SEXUAL+JAIL This guy got arrested, it doesn't matter that mom was letting him sleep with the daughter, he's going to PRISON! Is that what you want for your BF? BTW, being in love with someone means you want what's best for them. That means if he loves you, he'll walk away because he's too old for you and you need to learn about love from someone your own age, when you're old enough to date. If you were my daughter you wouldn't be dating until you were 16. If you love him, you'd run the other direction because you don't want to be the cause of ruining his life.

If you don't know these things about love, you don't know what love is yet.
                      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Your question - What to do?
                        Answer - Stay away from him - he can get into a whole lot of trouble if you don't.
                        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X