17/14 now and 18/15 later this year Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17/14 now and 18/15 later this year Washington

Is it legal? She'll be 15 before I turn 18. I was looking it up and it was talking about if you're within 60 months you're good or something like that..

Basically I'm asking if it's safe? I had a 20 year old friend who dated a 17 year old and that went fine for him

We love each other but we're scared to do anything right now haha

Originally posted by MvMan1992 View Post
    Is it legal? She'll be 15 before I turn 18. I was looking it up and it was talking about if you're within 60 months you're good or something like that..

Basically I'm asking if it's safe? I had a 20 year old friend who dated a 17 year old and that went fine for him

We love each other but we're scared to do anything right now haha

Leave the child alone.

You may not necessarily be at risk for stat. rape charges but there are a whole heap of others on the table. Would you like a sex offense on your record?

If you're truly "in love", you'll leave her alone until she's old enough.

Comment

Depends on what you're asking to do.

Hang out at the mall? Check. Go to school events? Check. Visit at each other's homes? Check. Hold hands, or some light kissing? Check. As long as her parents agree, any of the above, or like events, is fine.

Have sex? BIG problem. NO sex and NO sexual contact that couldn't be done in the presence of her parents. We're talking potential jail here, pal, given the right (or wrong) circumstances.

There is a significant difference between a 15 year old and a 17 year old when it comes to the laws.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks for successfully scaring the **** out of me >.>

Oh, and just out of curiosity since stat rape wouldn't come into play what would? Lewd conduct with a minor or something of that sort?

Comment

Yes that would be likely charge or even molestation. There is a whole grocery list to choose from
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by MvMan1992 View Post
            Thanks for successfully scaring the **** out of me >.>

Oh, and just out of curiosity since stat rape wouldn't come into play what would? Lewd conduct with a minor or something of that sort?

You're very welcome.

Please - for BOTH of your sakes - wait.

Until she's of legal age.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X