What is the exact law on dating? Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the exact law on dating? Washington

i have been reserching this topic for a while and im 16 i what to know the oldest i am aloud to date??? help im frusrated with all the many answers and i want to know the washinton law???

You are allowed to date anyone of whatever age your parents allow you to date. There are no laws addressing who may date. There are laws addressing who may have sex.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Do any of these kids read the thousands of threads we have on this subject!?
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Either they don't read, or for some reason they think that the answers don't apply to them. After all, they're in love.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
          You are allowed to date anyone of whatever age your parents allow you to date. There are no laws addressing who may date. There are laws addressing who may have sex.
          so what are the laws of sex for 16 year olds????? i just wanna know my rights

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
            Do any of these kids read the thousands of threads we have on this subject!?
            who exactly are you implying to....it is better for kids to be stiting here learning and argueing then going out and acully brakeing the law....i'm just asking because i want to know my rights so i don't.

Comment

None of you can read!! cbg gave the answer!! Its that simple!!
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

What he is saying is that we have answered this question over and over and over, but instead of reading the hundreds of threads where this question has already been answered, each of you insists on asking it yet again, as if for some reason the law will be different when YOU ask it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imnow16 View Post
                  who exactly are you implying to....it is better for kids to be stiting here learning and argueing then going out and acully brakeing the law....i'm just asking because i want to know my rights so i don't.
                  At 16, you have no 'right' to have sex. That's part of the whole " you're still a child" thing.

It wouldn't be YOU that would have to worry about criminal consequences at this point in your life.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

Girls- Just wait until she gets laid and pops out a kid. She'll realize how little she really knew.

We know where her BF will be. Gone gone gone.

Boys- Just wait until you get a girl preggy. Dude, you think that being without a date on a weekend is hell? LOL! You have no idea!

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                    What he is saying is that we have answered this question over and over and over, but instead of reading the hundreds of threads where this question has already been answered, each of you insists on asking it yet again, as if for some reason the law will be different when YOU ask it.
                    Nah, of course not. We're stupid.....ADULTS. Kids know everything. Remember?

We did!

30+ years ago.....
                    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

i don't mean to ask the same questions over and over but everything i study and every thing i read all have loads of things i have yet to understand. i was hoping for a blunt "at 16 you by law are aloud to have sex with up to idk 3 years consent" or "by law have sex at all can put you in juvenile facility (i think that is what it is call??) or the other person in jail. yes i am young but if i knew everything i wouldn't be asking questions. i really wasn't looking for well sure if you wanna get pregnant because i more then understand that one. but i do have many friends who don't know the law so they ask question and well i can't always say i know the the answer. so i try and seek it out. if i upset somebody i apologize for i am only trying to ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Imnow16 View Post
                        i was hoping for a blunt "at 16 you by law are aloud to have sex with up to idk 3 years consent" or "by law have sex at all can put you in juvenile facility (i think that is what it is call??)
                        where did the name martin hall come from???

Comment

why do you want to have sex at such a young age with a potenial partner who may or may not be older than you? Listen to cactus jack...he said it all.
                          Last edited by SKI16; 06-12-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Bluntly...

You are under the direct and explicit control of your legal parents or guardians.

There is no law in any jurisdiction that you can wave under your parents' collective noses that will say, "See, I can date whomever I want and you can't stop me."

To guess your next question, you may make your own decisions upon reaching the age of 18...when, by the way, your pedophiliac boyfriend will have dumped you for someone younger.
                            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

ok got my answers thank you for your help and guidance... i am just a person who knows every1 is at least a little bit different...and i didn't mean that changes the law for those people just that people understand and react differently. thank you for the answers.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X