No announcement yet.

I want to date someone who's 12 but I'm turning 17 is this illegal? Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to date someone who's 12 but I'm turning 17 is this illegal? Washington

Nevermind thanks for all the info take care
    Last edited by Silent K; 09-20-2008, 12:46 AM.

It's simple if you were to do ANYTHING that could be construed as sexual, i.e. kissing, hugging, groping, sexual text messages etc. you can be prosecuted for it.

Even if you do none of the above if her parents don't allow the relationship it's game over.
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Okay so no Perverted jokes of any kind what so ever watch where I put my hands. And get the parents permission?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent K View Post
        Okay so no Perverted jokes of any kind what so ever watch where I put my hands. And get the parents permission?
        Get the parent's permission. In writing.

Be prepared to be thrown out of her parents' home.... possibly at gunpoint.

Be prepared to be the butt of every joke your friends tell for the next few years.

Be prepared to be thought the older brother of your date.

Be prepared to be thought a pedophile.

Be prepared to be thought a loser.

And then, go get help. There is nothing a 12 year old has to offer a 17 year old. What, are you going to discuss whether or not she has feng shui'ed her Barbie Dreamhouse?

Date girls your own age.....
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

yeah I know what your saying I've already come to that conclusion and it doesn't bother me. You can keep your fixed idea on age but that's only a consideration.

Comment

Good advice for you! DO NOT CONSIDER DATING THIS CHILD!
            http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I just want to know all the legalities in this not the crap you have stuffed so high in your ***.

Comment

I just want to know all the legalities in this not the crap you have stuffed so high in your ***.
                So much for it not bothering you.

I tell you what... you go get her parents' permission and then come back.

Their "no" will effectively end the discussion... because there will be nothing you can do, say or think that will allow you to date their preteen if they say no.

You want to date a little girl. The best thing that could happen here is if dad beats some sense into you.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

eh it's what I plan on doing....

Comment

eh it's what I plan on doing....
                    So... how did it go?

How welcoming were Mom and Dad to the almost adult that wants to date their preteen?

Comment

Haven't had the chance to do it by once I do I will tell you. And thanks for your words of advice.

Comment

When you talk to parents it would be advisable to wear body armor
                        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X