Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Terminate Incarcerated Parental Rights Virginia

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terminate Incarcerated Parental Rights Virginia

    My ex-husband was sentented to 25 years in federal prison a year ago. My daughter will be 32 years old when he gets out (there is no parole). I have not received child support in the past three years (or consistent support for the prior 4 years). He has not attempted to contact my daughter in the past year. I intercepted a letter he wrote to another prisoner that contained my personal information (address, phone) telling the inmate to "check" on us. Is it possible to have his rights terminated?

  • #2
    You need to speak to an atty. Normally, unless you are remarried to a person that is willing, able, and fit to adopt a TPR is not going to be an option. However, your circumstances are obviously a bit different than the norm.

    Good luck.

    (Even if I knew for a fact that you could have his rights terminated, I would still tell you to talk to an atty. TPR is not a DIY project.)
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.