This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas dating age please

Alright what is the youngest age a 16 year old male can be with?

Texas

There are no laws that place restrictions on dating. Therefore, a 16 year old male may date another of any age.

Comment

really? that is great.

Comment

Sorry for being an annoyance, but what limits are set? I just want to get as much info as I can before it gets to serious. I know 12-14 year old females tend to think of a relationship on a weaker sexual level than that of a 16 year old male. I do not know the rules in Texas that have placed certain boundries on this type of thing, but I am sure that they exist. Please help.

Comment

Texas

In Texas, a person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years of age and not the person's spouse, engages in deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact. There are two laws prohibiting these offenses - Indecency with a Child and Sexual Assault. For purposes of this section, a person is defined as an individual - a human being who has been born and is alive. It is, therefore, against the law for: 1. a child younger than 17 years of age to engage in deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a child younger than 17 years of age; 2. a person over the age of 17 years of age to engage in deviate sexual intercourse with a child younger than 17 years of age. There is, however, an affirmative defense to prosecution; the actor was not more than three years older than the victim.
          Ref: Texas Penal Code, Chapter 21, Section 21.11; Texas Penal Code, Chapter 22, Section 22.01.

Despite there being an affirmative defense to prosecution, it is still against the law whether or not the actor was not more than three years older than the victim. It is, therefore, against the law for a 16 year old to engage in deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact with an 18 or 19 year old, despite the actor being within three years of age. For sake of argument: 1. The "unwritten" rule for the age of consent in Texas is 17; 2. It is possible and within lawful boundaries for a district attorney to prosecute a person who has violated this law and has met the requirements for the affirmative defense. Although it is not likely in larger cities such as San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, etc., it is possible in smaller cities and still in larger cities.

Since the "unwritten rule" for the age of consent in Texas is 17, if a child, 17 years of age, engages in deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact with another person at least 17 years of age, it is within lawful boundaries. However, if a child under the age of 17 engages in such conduct with a person older than three years, that person likely will be prosecuted.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Comment

We are both under 17

1. a child younger than 17 years of age to engage in deviate sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a child younger than 17 years of age

So if to people under 17 have sex it is against the law?

Comment

Texas

Yes, it is against the law for children under 17 to have sex. There is a defense to prosecution - the actor must not be more than three years older than the victim. This is not a "three year rule." It's purpose is to offer a form of defense for the defendant. It is very possible and within lawful boundaries for a district attorney to prosecute a person who has violated these laws and is not three years older.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu...0.htm#21.11.00

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu....htm#22.011.00

Comment

No law against dating, but sexual conduct is another matter given your age be it with a female under or over 18.

Comment

Originally posted by ACc083
                  Texas

It is very possible and within lawful boundaries for a district attorney to prosecute a person who has violated these laws and is not three years older.

Prosecuting someone who is known to not be guilty of a crime, due to having an affirmative defense guaranteed to them by statute, is a pretty clear violation of federal civil rights law.

Comment

Is it against Texas law, if a person of 17 years and 2 weeks of age to have sexual relationship with someone of 27 years of age?

Comment

Originally posted by XakiChaki View Post
                      Is it against Texas law, if a person of 17 years and 2 weeks of age to have sexual relationship with someone of 27 years of age?
                      Why don't you start showing us how mature you are by starting your own thread?
                      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Ok? forget I asked. Sorry.

Comment

Im a 17 year old girl and I was wondering if it was legal for me to date a 21 year old man?
                          my parents will not accept it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by simply_mel View Post
                            Im a 17 year old girl and I was wondering if it was legal for me to date a 21 year old man?
                            my parents will not accept it at all.
                            Start your own thread and someone will be glad to help you.

Comment

Hey??

can my 16 year old boyfriend date me even if i am 19 years old, or will i get sent to jail. Or will i only go to jail if i have sex with him

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X