Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

16 year old with child wants to move out can she??? Oklahoma

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16 year old with child wants to move out can she??? Oklahoma

    I have a cousin that wants to move out of her mothers house she lives in Oklahoma she is only 16 but she has a child of her own that she takes care of. We are trying to figure out if she can move out of her mothers house and even out of the state or does she have to wait until she is 18 still?

  • #2
    Unless she has the permission of her parents or legal guardians, she has to wait until she is 18. Having a child does not emancipate her, except medically, in any state. What's more, in Oklahoma the emancipation of a minor grants that minor the right to sign a contract and NOTHING else. So even if she were legally emancipated, which she is not, it would still not give her the right to move out.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Who would she move in with? What does her mother/parents say about this? If they
      say no, then she has to wait until she is 18.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.