Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need help!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help!

    Hello Forum,
    Let me get to the point. I am being charged for the crime of child abandonment for my three children 85 Okl.Cr.159. in Altus, Oklahoma, Jackson County. Does anyone know what that means? I am confused considering my former wife and I agreed to seperate after her extra marital affairs over 3 years ago. We are now and have been divorce for 2.

    Also, during that time I continued to pay "gifts" for almost 2 years and even child support after the order of assignment hit July 2004. What I did do almost immediately after the order took affect is lose my job due to a back insury went to College, received a certificate in December 2005 and of course couldn't pay child support during that time. I began a new career in March and reported updated information to DHS in Oklahoma and now I am being told by a lawyer I consulted with that I have a felony warrant for my arrest for child abandonment since June 2006. I still sent gifts on my own and letters but their not considering that as abiding by the order.

    They are taking $981.00 out a month well almost that much and I don't even make that much since losing the other job, I make $9.09 an hour so that leaves me and my family $175.00 each week to live off of. I did some research and confess I am worried, the punishment is 10 years of imprisonment for this crime, do I fight it, bring witness' cancelled checks? I've read past Summary of Documents of other court issues out of that same state and found most felons convicted plead to 7 years and that's what they get. Are you serious? I have an clean record!

    I plan to go to Oklahoma to plead not guilty Dec 07, 2006 in a few weeks but will they let me leave on my own recongnicance after I get bail? Or keep me until the court date? I have a job I love here and don't want to lose it, not including I live in Arizona and am very happily re-married with kids, anyone advice please?

    Desperate in AZ.
    Last edited by Ccanlas; 10-31-2006, 05:53 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors

  • #2
    Duplicate post.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

    I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

    Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.