HELP MY 17 YEAR OLD WANTS TO LIVE WITH ME. North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP MY 17 YEAR OLD WANTS TO LIVE WITH ME. North Carolina

MY 17 year old daughter wants to move in with me cause her father is very possessive over her, treats her like a kid. He has threatened to put her in boot camp and has threatened to beat her. I live close by and have rights to her but her father has made it impossible for me to get her since his comments are always she is doing basketball and isn't available. My daughter will be 18 in March of 2017 and wants to leave home. What are her rights? What can I do without hiring an expensive lawyer. Can someone tell me? Please we are desperate to figure this out asap.

Is there a court order that she lives with her father?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes there is a court order and according to that order I am suppose to get her every other weekend 10-5 but he makes it impossible for me to see her. He always has something for her basketball or whatever else he sets up.

Comment

If there is a court order that she live with her father, then she cannot live with you. If you are not getting your court ordered visitation you can go back to court and see if you can get the order modified, but it is not a court suggestion - it is a court order.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Until she is 18, she has no rights. She lives where the court order says she lives. Why don't you go see her at her basketball?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X