Visitation at Sports Events North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitation at Sports Events North Carolina

I have a Separation Agreement that outlines my custody situation with my ex-husband. We do not have a court order, just a Separation Agreement. I am the primary parent and he gets our three children one day during the week and every other weekend. The problem is that now he wants to start coming to the kids' soccer games on my visitation weekends. Last year we agreed not to attend the games on the other parent's weekend. This year he will not agree to do that. His new wife is trying to antagonize me. Is there anything that I can do to stop him from interfering with my time with the kids' on my weekends?

Originally posted by Selbona View Post
    I have a Separation Agreement that outlines my custody situation with my ex-husband. We do not have a court order, just a Separation Agreement. I am the primary parent and he gets our three children one day during the week and every other weekend. The problem is that now he wants to start coming to the kids' soccer games on my visitation weekends. Last year we agreed not to attend the games on the other parent's weekend. This year he will not agree to do that. His new wife is trying to antagonize me. Is there anything that I can do to stop him from interfering with my time with the kids' on my weekends?

There is nothing stopping him from attending the kids' games at weekends - even if they occur during your parenting time. These are public events.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't want him to be there supporting his children during the game?

(Ignore the wife, by the way. She can only antagonize you if you allow her to - don't give her that kind of power over you).

Comment

Yes, the reason I don't want him there is because our kids can sense the tension between us and it upsets them. As much as I try to hide it from them, they are smart and intuitive and can see that we don't like each other. I try to minimize the contact with my ex as often as possible to try and avoid this. Showing up to the soccer games on his my weekends is just another way that he and his new wife are trying to manipulate this custody agreement. His end goal is to have his child support reduced and he is trying to aggravate this situation so that I will give in and reduce his child support obligation. That's all this is about. He could care less about their soccer games, I assure you.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

HOW DARE THEY !

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest YOU be the adult and ignore the other two when they show up in a public place, on YOUR weekend with the kids.
        Otherwise, I don’t see there’s much you can do about it.

.._______________________
        ~ When they discover the center of the universe,
        a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it. ~Bernard Bailey
        Last edited by drruthless; 07-30-2011, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selbona View Post
          Yes, the reason I don't want him there is because our kids can sense the tension between us and it upsets them. As much as I try to hide it from them, they are smart and intuitive and can see that we don't like each other. I try to minimize the contact with my ex as often as possible to try and avoid this. Showing up to the soccer games on his my weekends is just another way that he and his new wife are trying to manipulate this custody agreement. His end goal is to have his child support reduced and he is trying to aggravate this situation so that I will give in and reduce his child support obligation. That's all this is about. He could care less about their soccer games, I assure you.

Doesn't really change anything, I'm afraid.

Dad is allowed to attend the soccer games, and bring his wife with him.

Comment

our kids can sense the tension between us and it upsets them.
            Then you and your ex need to be adults and get over it. It's about what's best for the kids, and you all need to learn to get along. This is the guy you chose to be their parent, and they deserve to have both parents there rooting for them. Learning to get along with your ex and his new wife is an excellent way to teach your kids how to deal with people they may not like or want to be around. Figure it out.
            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Most people would want their kids father to be interested enough to go to a kids game when it isnt their weekend and I'm sure the kids would be thrilled.
              Put the kids first. They want to know Dad cares and the adults need to be adult enough to put the kids first.
              Believe me, I've been there and got the tee shirt and the tears from situations like these. Put the kids first. Down the road, you will be glad you did.
              I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Imagine the child's point of view.

You're playing your game, you know Mom is in the stands watching and that's really neat...but then you glance over and see DAD there, too? Unexpectedly cheering you on?!

BONUS! Most kids would be THRILLED.

Dang. We're thinking of the kids first again, aren't we?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X