GirlFriend 18 Wanting to Move in with me Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlFriend 18 Wanting to Move in with me Nebraska

My girlfriend who lives in Nebraska is 18 and wants to move out of her parents house and move in with me in Iowa after the school year is up. Can she??? Please Help!

Well if she is 18 that isof age so yea she can move out after she finishs school if she wants too her parents cant really do anything to stop her now everything is her choice she is an adult so yea dont worry bout it she can do what she wants now anyways have a good day.

Comment

Sorry, that is incorrect. In Nebraska, the age of majority is 19. She is under her parents control until her 19th birthday. So, no, unless her parents give her permission to move in with you, she can't.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

hopefully........

Well then honey all you can do is hope that her parents allow her to leave before she is 19 but if she is 18 right now it cant be to far away so all you can do is hope so anyways you to keep hoping and I hope everything turns out the way you want it to which most likely it will if she has comprimising parents which sounds like she does but thats just an opnion so have a good and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by inlove4ever
          if she is 18 that isof age
          Not in Nebraska.

State of Nebraska Statutes
          Section 43-2101
          All persons under nineteen years of age are declared to be minors, but in case any person marries under the age of nineteen years, his or her minority ends.

And since the statue mentions marriage, I'll just add that in order to marry in Nebraska parental permission is required if you're under the age of 19.

Comment

Great....

Well I know I just said i was wrong and suggested comprimise with her parents thats all hopefully everything turns out well for them Yes I do mess up sometimes you guys are right and very helpful as always. You guys are great. Just thank you for all you have done for all of us.

Comment

Oops. Sorry for basically just repeating what had already been said. I started to respond, got called away, came back and finished, and obviously other responses had been added while I was gone

Comment

Cute.....

Thats cool everyones busy sometimes but you guys can be really sweet sometimes just telling what is not only the truth but it helps alot of people im sure so its great anyways thats such a cute smiley face. So cute hon.

Comment

Originally posted by inlove4ever View Post
                  Well if she is 18 that isof age so yea she can move out after she finishs school if she wants too her parents cant really do anything to stop her now everything is her choice she is an adult so yea dont worry bout it she can do what she wants now anyways have a good day.
                  not correct. she is still considered a minor until the 19 in the state of nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by CBSAngie View Post
                    not correct. she is still considered a minor until the 19 in the state of nebraska
                    Okay, that is enough.

Are you really going to go through ever single ancient post and put in your two cents?

This is resolved over 2 years ago. by now,the op is old enough to drink and move out.
                    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                      Okay, that is enough.

Are you really going to go through ever single ancient post and put in your two cents?

This is resolved over 2 years ago. by now,the op is old enough to drink and move out.
                      i did these all at once, when i first joined the site. is it nessicary for you to keep responding to them? not to be rude but you already told me this, and i did apologize for my wrong assumption.
                      you telling me this over and over, is just as wrong as me replying to older posts that i didnt know were that old.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X