Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Im 17 and I want to move out Nebraska

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im 17 and I want to move out Nebraska

    I have read several things on the internet about this topic and none of it has gotton me anywhere. I am seventeen as i have said already and my mother moved out of town and let me stay here with family so i could finish school. My issue is that my mother told me that i could move in with my boyfriends parents. So this is what i did, and the family i was staying with is very upset and they say that i can be called in as a runaway. i do not want any problems with anyone or what not i will be 18 in two months and since my legal guardian said that i could move in, i do not see a problem. Am i wrong?
    Please help! thank you!

  • #2
    If your boyfriend's parents are not comfortable with having you there, you could have written permission from the Attorney General of the United States, countersigned by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and it would not require them to allow you to stay there.

    So just because your mother says you're allowed to move in doesn't mean your boyfriend's parents are required to let you.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      CBG, I read it as the family she was staying with prior to moving in with her boyfriend's parents is the one complaining. Unless they're alleging improper activities and reporting it to CPS, I don't think there's a problem, so long as our legal guardian says it's okay to be there.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.


      • #4

        his parents love having me around but thanks for the concern. =) and yes it is perfectly fine with mwe to be there as well thank you to the both of you


        • #5
          Ok, let me get this straight.

          Your momma moves away and leaves you with trusted family members so you can finish school.
          You fall in love and end up moving in with your boyfriend's family.
          His family approves of it.
          Your momma approves of it.
          Your momma's trust family members DO NOT approve of it.
          Is this correct?

          Ok, presuming it is, unless there is a letter from your momma giving the family members guardianship over you, there isn't much they can do, other than notify CPS. Otherwise, if there is no letter, your momma approves, his parents approve, who cares?

          And where is your daddy at?

          Honestly, if you turn 18 in just a couple months, what's so hard about waiting a couple months?
          I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
          Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
          I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
          Don't worry, be happy.

 is a good resource!


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.