emansipation Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emansipation Nebraska

I am 17 and am trying to get emansipated but everytime i turn around, ask questions and get answers the answers tell me that law is so contradicing and really not right. I had one women tell me that i would have to stay with my gardians/gardian until i was 18 but i had gone to the courts and asked them a few questions ( which was a almost waste of time) but no one ever said anything about Nebraska not allowing it. So i dont know what to do i have so many questions but no one seems to want to give me answers. Some of of my questions include the following: Where do I start? What papers do i need, and where can i get the proper parers? Is an atorney necsesary? What would it take for me to live on my own at 17, and is there anything my mom can say or do that will prevent me from moving out? Could living in a roomate situation prevent me from taking / getting the proper things for an emansipation?
    i need answers and i dont know where to find them

~Anne~

if your state allows emancipation, you have to show that you can take complete care of yourself (no roommate). this includes, food, transportation, housing, medical insurance, etc. You must have a job and you must continue in high school with good grades until you graduate. can you do all of this?

Comment

honestly i can do all of that i mean school is no problem and work isnt either i can take care of myself and really have been for some time i have just gotten up the nerve to do something about it recently ive taken all i can im a very mature type of person who cna be on her own i just need to get there

Comment

You are playing word games.

Do you have a job?
        Do you have a place to live alone?

But, ya know what, it doesn't matter. Nebraska doesn't have emancipation statutes. You are living with your mom until 18.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by rab90 View Post
          I am 17 and am trying to get emansipated but everytime i turn around, ask questions and get answers the answers tell me that law is so contradicing and really not right. I had one women tell me that i would have to stay with my gardians/gardian until i was 18 but i had gone to the courts and asked them a few questions ( which was a almost waste of time) but no one ever said anything about Nebraska not allowing it. So i dont know what to do i have so many questions but no one seems to want to give me answers. Some of of my questions include the following: Where do I start? What papers do i need, and where can i get the proper parers? Is an atorney necsesary? What would it take for me to live on my own at 17, and is there anything my mom can say or do that will prevent me from moving out? Could living in a roomate situation prevent me from taking / getting the proper things for an emansipation? i need answers and i dont know where to find them

~Anne~

You start and end right here: there is no statute for emanciaption in Nebraska. It is not an option for you.

Until you are 18, your mother has complete control over you. She can stop you from moving out, and if you try anyway, she can have you named as either a runaway or delinquent. The cops will come collect you and bring you home, and if you continue to run away, you may be placed into foster care.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X