Montana ages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana ages?

is it legal for a 23 yo to date a 17 yo?

have kids?

Dating, yes.

Kids, no.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

dating as long as there is absolutely no physical contact or talk of physical contact. and if the parents say no- then it is all no

Comment

do ne of you know the exact laws here?

Comment

the exact laws state it is illegal for an adult to be with a minor in any kind of sexual way (that includes talking about sex, holding hands, necking, etc). The adult can be held liable. At 17, it would most likely be a misdemeanor and not a felony, but it could be since the adult is more than 4 years older than the child. That could mean jail time and having to register as a sex offender for life. Anyone can report it- not just parents. and some ppl are obligated by law to report it- teachers, preachers, doctors, etc. If the minor gets pregnant, the Dr is obligated by law to report they are treating a minor for pregnancy. once the baby is born and dna proves the adult as the parent- guilt is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by milspecgirl View Post
            the exact laws state it is illegal for an adult to be with a minor in any kind of sexual way (that includes talking about sex, holding hands, necking, etc). The adult can be held liable. At 17, it would most likely be a misdemeanor and not a felony, but it could be since the adult is more than 4 years older than the child. That could mean jail time and having to register as a sex offender for life. Anyone can report it- not just parents. and some ppl are obligated by law to report it- teachers, preachers, doctors, etc. If the minor gets pregnant, the Dr is obligated by law to report they are treating a minor for pregnancy. once the baby is born and dna proves the adult as the parent- guilt is obvious.
            so i ve been wit this guy for 3 1/2 yrs and we just had a baby im mexican and he is and in most mexican traditions they get together when they are young and stay together for life young as n normally the man is way older then the female
            now i didnt put him on the birth certificate cause they said he needed an id and he had lost his there is no doubt that he is the father and the hospital knew how old e was and didnt hav no prob with it parents oked it amd everyhting so could he still be charged?

Comment

Check here first

See if his name is here.
              http://www.doj.mt.gov/svor/

Without your parents permission, you must be 18 or he can be sent to prison for sexual assault. This carries a LIFE IMPRISONMENT in Montana. So if you love him you will wait the one more year required, or you may just loose him forever.

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/...nsentchart.htm
              What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
              what is heard is not always what is spoken!
              ~M. Noitall~

Comment

of course he could still be in trouble. someone just has to say something however, until he is the legal father- which means both of you signing an acknowledgement of paternity or a court ordered DNA test it can't be proven that he did anything. If both of your families are ok with everything you may be ok. But there is 6 years between you and that also means you were together when he was 19 and you were 13- that is a felony child abuse and is another matter. I don't know what the statute of limitations is, but that is a huge prison sentence. Mexican traditions mean nothing in american law.

Comment

And Mexican traditions do not stipulate that a child have a baby without the benefit of wedlock with an adult. Sweetie, I live in TX. I am well aware of the cultural traditions. This ain't it. He committed a crime. I won't even comment on the ID issue.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X