16 yo wanting to know legal laws involving education in missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 yo wanting to know legal laws involving education in missouri

Hi im very new to this site but i found it while researching some laws on the internet. i was wondering.. well i should explain my situation first. Im 16 turning 17 in 4 months... and i live in a home which has a lot of money... but thats the only thing... i cant say my parents are horrible people... but in this home im neglected of any emotional or any contact to them at all. I rarely ever see them and they provide little for me... more money goes into there lives of gambling and partying than it should into my future or career. I have found an alternative to staying in a home with little to give me. A good friend of mine has a sister who wants him to move to san diego and live with her cuz he is currently living in a horrible home, and she has asked me to come along with them. She lives with her sister who is highly ranked in the navy so a house and bills will not be required for me to pay for. But the thing i wanna ask is that... is it legal for me to move out of my hosue and go to san diego with them? i currently have a good job and can pay for myself... housing, bills, and healthcare will be taken care of. Another question is that... can i enroll my self in school over there at the age of 17 or not? please someone get back to me on this because i simply can not find anything about it on the internet as of now.

Nope, this is not going to work. There is no way you could ever find anything legal to support your moving across the country--- with a guy--- into a house with a person you do not know. Furthermore, I highly doubt the Navy would look favorably on one of its sailors or officers (I don't know how highly ranked you are talking about, but I do know the Navy and it's ranks and rates) allowing 2 unrelated minors moving into her house, especially if those said minors are considered to be runaways. Ever heard of harboring a runaway?

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to find some way to deal with your current living conditions. By your admission, there is no abuse, just a lack of affection and attention. Surround yourself with your friends, church, volunteering, mentoring, etc. In 2 years, you can leave and do whatever you want.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

im sorry to hear that

not only is the house im moving into is my bf's but his sister is supporting me... and we plan on getting a marriage arranged in the time being... but and my bf's parents are trasfering his custody and power of attorny over to his sister... and the navy is fine with it because i had recently talked to his sister and she had eveyrthing cleared up with her leading officer and the houseing management... as for no abuse... you can't understand my house unless u are here... its not necessarily physical abuse anymore because they know i would report them this time if they hurt me again... but can u sleep knowing ur father had put u in the hospital with a broken jaw and nose along with a blackend and bruised body? i do... i suffer from insomnia due to this paranoia...

Comment

I'm sorry, but the only reason the Navy is fine with her brother coming to stay is because his sister has custody of him. None of them are being granted guardianship or custody of you. Exactly how are you planning on getting married without your parents consent? You are under 18. I'm sorry your life is so difficult. Is there anybody (counselor, minister) you can talk to? I think that would be the best place to start. You can always talk to your school counselor or a teacher that you trust. They may have some ideas that can help you. Unless the court is willing to grant these people guardianship of you, then no, you cannot go to San Diego. And, I'm sorry, but I don't think you will find a judge that will grant guardianship to your boyfriend's sister, who has just been granted guardianship of your boyfriend. Not to mention granting guardianship to someone out of state.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

to my knowledge..

to my knowledge in missouri the legal age of consent is 17 as well as the legal age to live on your own... my question is, is it the same in california? or is it different? i will be living with my bf's sister but they wont have custody over me... so i was just pondering those ?'s... and no... i dont trust my counselosr because i know they're corrupt.. and i dont have a minister... so please... thats all i was pondering...

Comment

Legal age of consent is not the same as age of majority. You must be 18 to move out of your parents' home. California, you must be 18. Sorry I couldn't be more reassuring. Can you call a teen hotline? They can direct you to some help and it is annonymous. Try child help USA.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

hey drive me up a wall a huge 1

Comment

Lived it....

Ok if u r 17 all i can tell u is what i know from experiance and what i know is that yes you can leave at 17 w/permission & if you cant get permssion you can get a certain kind of job that would emancipate you though i did both i got permisson and emancipation from my job so those who say its impossible to leave home at 17 it isnt yes most pple think that it is a huge mistake and every parent most of the time thinks that but in my case my parents thought it was good for me so if any1 tells u 2 give up trying u should never give up on this i no for a fact because i lived it & i hav alot of friendz who did 2 so check in2 that stuff and good luck i hope u succeed.

Comment

Carla, maybe you should have spent a little bit longer in school. It would certainly help your grammar and sentence structure.

No, if she is 17 and crosses state lines without permission, not only will she be classified as a runaway, but the people she is running to can get into some serious trouble. Harboring a runaway and taking a minor accross state lines are just the beginning.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

Things..

Well thank you for your wonderful comments but everyone has a different oponion on things so if that is your oponion thats fine everyone can say wat they want i was just sayin what i think and not that its any of your business but i do hav a college degree.

Comment

Your opinion is legally wrong. Now, if you feel that the laws are more trouble than they are worth, okay. Feel free to share that. Just make sure the advice you give is at least legally accurate.
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      (unique up on him)
                      (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by Carla61590
                        you can leave at 17 w/permission
                        Yes, you can, but the poster does not have permission.

if you cant get permssion you can get a certain kind of job that would emancipate you
                        What are you talking about? What kind of job could a minor get that would automatically emancipate them? I have never heard of such a thing.

I'm just curious, what kind of college degree do you have?

Comment

Not a minor....

Masters degree and dearest juss so u no im 25 i was juss telling them bout sumthing i did awhile ago i also have an accounting degree but thats logical seein as how im working for a bank so thanks for askin but b4 u go assuming that im a minor u need 2 ask.

Comment

Masters degree and dearest juss so u no im 25 i was juss telling them bout sumthing i did awhile ago i also have an accounting degree but thats logical seein as how im working for a bank so thanks for askin but b4 u go assuming that im a minor u need 2 ask.

I never said or implied that you were a minor. I have a Masters degree as well. They used to require English classes in college.

I'm still wondering what job automatically emancipates a minor.

Comment

Anyways...

It was acutally racing when i was younger i used to race and thats the only thing that made me happy i had life harder then most people did so i considered myself lucky to get that and where i live you can get just about any kind of job and if u want to work full time they you have to get emancipated for it so thats wat my sister did too we both had good reasons or at least i think we did, and most of my 5 older siblings left around 16 so at that time i was used 2 dealing w/things like that.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X