Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Lost in System of Missouri

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost in System of Missouri

    I left california and went to the state of Missouri in order to relocate my mother who suffers a mental disability. While there I was subpoened back to Ca for a 10 day period. While I was away my mother took care of him so he would not be truant from school. On the very day i left for ca my former mother-in-law contacted child protective services (cps) and alleged neglect with the intent of proving me to be an unfit mother. Her actions were done in an effort to obtain custody of my other 2 minor children who were temporarily in her care while i was in ca. As a result, cps took my child that was in my mothers care on the day before my returning to missouri. CPS alleged that my mothers mental disorder was just cause. Though, my mother suffers a disability, she has and is able to care for my child. CPS has the necessary information to contact me but has failed to do so. What are my rights? CPS refuses to inform me of any hearings, actions, status of my child, etc. What can I do?

  • #2
    Go to the court house to they will tell you the web site for court cases in your area. You will be able to keep track of the case via web link. Try the clerks office.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.