Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Missouri alimony and name change

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Missouri alimony and name change

    Hello I was divorced in missouri when I was still living in CA I did not contest the divorce she got child support and alimony this was in 1990 can I contest alimony now? I have paid the child support now Im starting on alimony.
    Question #2 She still uses my last name can I make her stop? She has same firsst name of my deceased sister and when bill collectors try to find her it upsets my mother when somebody calls and asks if so and so is home.Thank you for your replies.

  • #2
    Well your biggest problem is that you did not try to address these matters in a timely manner during the divorce or shortly thereafter, so I doubt a court will address it now, unless there is some kind of changed circumstance on her part that you could argue should preclude her receipt of alimony. Consult an attorney in the area where the divorce and custody were handled and see what they say.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.