emanipation and pregnancy Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emanipation and pregnancy Missouri

okay. i am 16 as of today. i am almost 6 months pregnant. i need to be emancipated from my parents guardianship as quickly as possible and preferrably before my baby comes. their house is abusive towards me. ive had to live with it for my whole life. i do not want my baby in that enviroment or around that kind of thing. my parents refuse to let me become emancipated for their own reasons that i do not know of. so once emancipated, if i can, i would move to iowa with the baby's father and his uncle. i would finish my junior and senior years up there online or whenever is convenient for my child. my fiance and the father of my child has a job that pays 400-600 dollars a week. he has saved up over 4000 dollars since learning about my pregnancy and plans to fully be involved in his childs life. i believe it would be better for my child and myself if we were to not live in this unstable and abusive enviroment but rather in a stable and good financial and loving enviroment. if i cant be emancipated then i would be forced to live with my parents and my baby would only see its father on weekends or every other weekend. i dont want that and neither does he. i also deeply do not want my baby in this enviroment. i feel that this is what i need to do and that this is the best thing for my baby, me, and the baby's father/my fiance. now that you know what is going on, here is my question. it is a question of opinion. do you honestly believe or think it is possible for me to become emancipated so that me and my child can have a better life?

Originally posted by baybeegurl630 View Post
    okay. i am 16 as of today. i am almost 6 months pregnant. i need to be emancipated from my parents guardianship as quickly as possible and preferrably before my baby comes. their house is abusive towards me. ive had to live with it for my whole life. i do not want my baby in that enviroment or around that kind of thing. my parents refuse to let me become emancipated for their own reasons that i do not know of. so once emancipated, if i can, i would move to iowa with the baby's father and his uncle. i would finish my junior and senior years up there online or whenever is convenient for my child. my fiance and the father of my child has a job that pays 400-600 dollars a week. he has saved up over 4000 dollars since learning about my pregnancy and plans to fully be involved in his childs life. i believe it would be better for my child and myself if we were to not live in this unstable and abusive enviroment but rather in a stable and good financial and loving enviroment. if i cant be emancipated then i would be forced to live with my parents and my baby would only see its father on weekends or every other weekend. i dont want that and neither does he. i also deeply do not want my baby in this enviroment. i feel that this is what i need to do and that this is the best thing for my baby, me, and the baby's father/my fiance. now that you know what is going on, here is my question. it is a question of opinion. do you honestly believe or think it is possible for me to become emancipated so that me and my child can have a better life?

The court is not going to emancipate a pregnant teenager in order for her to go and live with man who impregnated her. I'm sorry - this shows you need MORE, and not less, adult supervision. This isn't opinion - this is fact.

If you are being abused, call CPS/social services and/or 911 if you're in immediate danger.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X