Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Custody Question Missouri

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mommyof4
    Unitl he has a court order ganting him primary custody of the child, the mother is the custodial parent.

    The advice you have recieved is correct. He needs to file for custody.

    Leave a comment:

  • sashayn
    started a topic Custody Question Missouri

    Custody Question Missouri

    I have a question, my boyfriend and his ex have a 4 year old son together. Well after they separted (were never married), she kept his son more often then him, at the time he could only pick him up twice a week. Well in August she filed for child support, he asked for a hearing (on the amount they wanted - we can't afford it). Well they still have not gotten back to him about it. Now the situation has changed. His mother has enrolled him in an early childhood special education in a school in our town (she lives in another school district). Well first off in order for her to enroll him she had to say that her son is living with us, but in reality she is the custodial parent and up until recently had been living with her more than us. Now that their son is in this class, we have him 4-5 days a week. We usually get him monday after school and keep him until thursday or friday night, and could even keep him until saturday morning.

    Everyone tells us that he needs to file for custody since we have him more now and she wants child support. The only problem is we don't really have the money to afford to go through court and all that. I am worried we'll have to pay alot of money for child support when we have him more than her now. Is there anything else we can do? Or any suggestions on how to go about this?

    Thanks for any help you can give me.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.