stepparent needs help Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stepparent needs help Missouri

i am in a tough spot my son (stepson) who thinks of me and has always called me dad is being taken from me. i have known him since he was 20 months old and he will be 5 in jan of 09. we have been seperated for two years march mof 09. he has been in my life constently since from 2 to up to 4 night a week and always fri and sat. she has told me i willl never see him again and that i have moved away. I WANT MY SON BACK! his bio dad has no part in his life and in fact has never see or talked to him once.

can some one help me

Hes not your son and where I feel for you, you have have no legal ground to stand on
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by lrpvet View Post
      i am in a tough spot my son (stepson) who thinks of me and has always called me dad is being taken from me. i have known him since he was 20 months old and he will be 5 in jan of 09. we have been seperated for two years march mof 09. he has been in my life constently since from 2 to up to 4 night a week and always fri and sat. she has told me i willl never see him again and that i have moved away. I WANT MY SON BACK! his bio dad has no part in his life and in fact has never see or talked to him once.

can some one help me
      When was the last time you saw your stepson, and can you document that your visitations have been regular since your separation from his mother?

In Missouri, an "interested third party" can apply for visitation if the child has "been" with that third party -- and by "been" I mean have lived with and/or spent a significant amount of time with, enough to bond with and impact the child and consequently create a negative consequence for the child if that relationship is severed.

The standard to prove that you can have visitation is "best interest of the child." In general, no, you do not have much of a standing. But it would be similar to a "Grandparent's rights" case. You may have standing to ask for visitation as a third party, but as to whether you will be granted that is not something that can accurately be answered here. You need to consult with a family law attorney.
      Last edited by MomofBoys; 10-23-2008, 03:07 PM.

Comment

looking for help

my son spent the night with me on tuesday night theis week. i have been his father and his mother asked me to remain in his life. there are people that are willing to document this. his grandparents sister brother and a good portion of there family have seen him with me. he has been with me on trips and i have provided health care clothing money a car for his mother. there is not a time when i have not been in his life or he has not looked upon me as dad. i in fact on to many times to count spent time with him at his grandparents. i am all he knows as a dad. as for the response of if you want rights you sould have made the baby to be a parent. i have one thing to say. you are right but you dont have to be his dad to be his father.

Comment

Originally posted by lrpvet View Post
          my son spent the night with me on tuesday night theis week. i have been his father and his mother asked me to remain in his life. there are people that are willing to document this. his grandparents sister brother and a good portion of there family have seen him with me. he has been with me on trips and i have provided health care clothing money a car for his mother. there is not a time when i have not been in his life or he has not looked upon me as dad. i in fact on to many times to count spent time with him at his grandparents. i am all he knows as a dad. as for the response of if you want rights you sould have made the baby to be a parent. i have one thing to say. you are right but you dont have to be his dad to be his father.
          Make a list of all of your evidence and witnesses, then get a consult with a local attorney.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X