child support question Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support question Missouri

For the last ten years my boyfriends ex-girlfriend was in and out of prison. He has raised their two daughters all by himself with no help. He was never listed on the birth certificate as the father. She was legally married to someone else. Last May she had been out of prison for a little over 1 year and had been getting the two girls, now ages 9 and 10 every other weekend. At the end of the 2006 school year, she talked the two girls into moving in with her and her girlfriend that she had been in prison with. They are lovers. Since my boyfriend has no legal rights to the girls, he had to let them go. Now she is trying to get Welfare and her social worker told her she must establish paternity of the two girls to try to get child support. My question is this. If these two girls are determined to be my boyfriends legal children, can he be hit with child support payments, even though he has raised them alone for the last 10 years with no help from the mother. Also, the mother said her parole officer and her live in lover's parole officer is aware they are living together and they have no problem. Isn't there a law against two ex cons that are still on parole living together, and how do we find out her parole officer's name to confirm that they are in agreement with these two women living together and raising two young girls.

Originally posted by cydneywi View Post
    For the last ten years my boyfriends ex-girlfriend was in and out of prison. He has raised their two daughters all by himself with no help. He was never listed on the birth certificate as the father. She was legally married to someone else. Last May she had been out of prison for a little over 1 year and had been getting the two girls, now ages 9 and 10 every other weekend. At the end of the 2006 school year, she talked the two girls into moving in with her and her girlfriend that she had been in prison with. They are lovers. Since my boyfriend has no legal rights to the girls, he had to let them go. Now she is trying to get Welfare and her social worker told her she must establish paternity of the two girls to try to get child support. My question is this. If these two girls are determined to be my boyfriends legal children, can he be hit with child support payments, even though he has raised them alone for the last 10 years with no help from the mother. Also, the mother said her parole officer and her live in lover's parole officer is aware they are living together and they have no problem. Isn't there a law against two ex cons that are still on parole living together, and how do we find out her parole officer's name to confirm that they are in agreement with these two women living together and raising two young girls.
    If DNA tests prove that he is the father, yes he'll be ordered to pay CS. However, he almost certainly won't be ordered to pay any retro support from before the petition was filed.

No, there's no law that 2 ex cons can't live together. Unless thier probations/parole specifically forbid it.

Comment

if i were him, i would go file for custody. they will order a dna test and then since he has been sole caregiver for 10 yrs- he has a good chance

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X