No announcement yet.

Child support Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes sense. I did petition for child support when she was 4 but the state couldn't locate him. The case was dropped by them and I didn't pursue it. I didn't have the resources to leave, my family was here, I had no where else to go, so that is why I stayed and lived with the hope that it wouldn't impact our lives negatively. My fear was that she would be hurt. Right or wrong, I was trying to protect my child. If I don't get back cs, that's ok. If I can, I will. Otherwise, I will get it from here until she's out of college. That's already been done. Thanks for all of your input.

Comment

Originally posted by lholland View Post
      That makes sense. I did petition for child support when she was 4 but the state couldn't locate him. The case was dropped by them and I didn't pursue it. I didn't have the resources to leave, my family was here, I had no where else to go, so that is why I stayed and lived with the hope that it wouldn't impact our lives negatively. My fear was that she would be hurt. Right or wrong, I was trying to protect my child. If I don't get back cs, that's ok. If I can, I will. Otherwise, I will get it from here until she's out of college. That's already been done. Thanks for all of your input.
      Now THAT is a completely different statement than the ones you made before. Based SOLELY on that statement, arrearages will be owed.

However, I raise 2 children by myself, and one with a serious medical condition. However, one of the mods doesn't like it when I get smart alecky, but I DO know what it is like. I also know that I am responsible for the choices that I make. And, when I screw up, I don't ask another to pay for it. I'm done.
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Thank you for your insight. I am not seeking to ruin anyones life or cause undue hardship, but I feel that as we support my husbands son (child support), so should he. Perhaps I was being a little greedy to retro it. It really has helped to get opinions regarding this. If I have waited too long then I have waited too long and so be it. Lessons learned. But the feedback has been valuable to me.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X