Parents Rights in making Children Behave? Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Rights in making Children Behave? Missouri

I have a friend in Missouri who has a 13 year old daughter that sounds to be getting out of control. I only know a little of the situation, but if the mother grounds the daughter, the daughter hits her mother. If the mother tries to swat her on the butt, the daughter screams at her mother that she doesn't have the right to touch her and she (daughter) is the boss!

I live in Idaho and told her that the police here told me to take everything away from my daughter except her bed, the clothes on her back (she has to wash them every day) and I have to make sure she's fed and goes to the hospital if needed, but other than that, to let her have NOTHING! - We had SERIOUS behavioral issues with her about a year ago, sneaking boys into her room, threatening to run away, etc.

The mom doesn't know exactly what her legal rights are as the parent in disciplining the child, and I know every state isn't the same. What should/CAN she do?

Every parent has the right to discipline his child. No parent has the right to spank so hard that it leaves marks.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by tlgar View Post
      I have a friend in Missouri who has a 13 year old daughter that sounds to be getting out of control. I only know a little of the situation, but if the mother grounds the daughter, the daughter hits her mother. If the mother tries to swat her on the butt, the daughter screams at her mother that she doesn't have the right to touch her and she (daughter) is the boss!

I live in Idaho and told her that the police here told me to take everything away from my daughter except her bed, the clothes on her back (she has to wash them every day) and I have to make sure she's fed and goes to the hospital if needed, but other than that, to let her have NOTHING! - We had SERIOUS behavioral issues with her about a year ago, sneaking boys into her room, threatening to run away, etc.

The mom doesn't know exactly what her legal rights are as the parent in disciplining the child, and I know every state isn't the same. What should/CAN she do?

Next time the mother get hit by the little brat call the cops! The suggestion of taking away EVERYTHING is very good...No Door to her room, no cloths (except min) , no computer, no phone, no friends, no parties, ...NOTHING!!

For every week or month period she acts like a member of the family she could earn something back...a pair of underwear...a bra....her bed-room door...ect...
      Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

...and just for clarification, this is perfectly legal in every state.

It is also perfectly legal to lock her in the house (even, gasp, her stripped down room) as long as she has access to facilities and she is fed. This is called...brace yourself....HAVING HER LITTLE BUTT GROUNDED TO HER ROOM. I suggest the mother take everything out of that room other than her bed and educational/spiritual reading, 1 pair of undies, 1 shirt, 1 pair of slacks (not the *****y, Brittney jeans. A good pair of khakis would be nice) or skirt (again, NICE), and jammies. Mom can even attend classes with her at school. I'm sure THAT would go over well with the snot and her friends.

It's also perfectly legal to wear her bottom out with a good, old fashioned spanking. That does NOT mean she can beat the tar out of her daughter. But, she can spank her.

Ironic, isn't it? Little budding delinquent insists that Mom can't touch her, but it's perfecly acceptable for her to slap Mom around.

She needs to learn that Mom has ALL of the power and that her freedom and happiness are solely dependant upon making sure she does whatever she needs to do to keep Mom happy. She also needs to know that faking it for a while just ain't gonna' get it. All of this discipline can start over again if it seems that the LBD is backsliding.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Taking the door off of the room is a huge motivator. Teenagers want privacy really badly and the loss of that is a big deal. We did that with my step son twice for a week the first time and about 3 days the second. There wasnt a third time.

There are obvioulsy bigger issues here but that can be an effective motivator.
          I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
            Taking the door off of the room is a huge motivator. Teenagers want privacy really badly and the loss of that is a big deal. We did that with my step son twice for a week the first time and about 3 days the second. There wasnt a third time.

There are obvioulsy bigger issues here but that can be an effective motivator.
            I agree that privacy is a biggie for a teenager.
            Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X