Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri

I have a 2yr old daughter and right now we are living with her father. We are not married and our relationship is not working out. I am from Reno NV and I lived in Mo for 3yrs and I want to go back home with my daughter. I don't want this person to be a part of her life and I don't want any child support from him. All I want is to get out of this messy relationship and go back to my family with my daughter. What can I do ????? pls advise....thanks

You cannot just pick up with your child, move away and act like the father never exsited. He has just as many rights as the father as you have as the mother.

If he has not been established as the legal father, then yes, technically speaking, you can move. But once you do, he can file to establish parentage and for custody & visitation. At that point, you will probably be ordered to return the child to MO until the case is final.

You need to file for custody now where you are currently living. If you are unhappy, then find a new place to live. But keep in mind, as soon as you begin custody proceedings, he will probably get joint or shared custody, and you will need permission to move out of the state with the child.

Comment

Originally posted by 4MYBABYGIRL View Post
      I have a 2yr old daughter and right now we are living with her father. We are not married and our relationship is not working out. I am from Reno NV and I lived in Mo for 3yrs and I want to go back home with my daughter. I don't want this person to be a part of her life and I don't want any child support from him. All I want is to get out of this messy relationship and go back to my family with my daughter. What can I do ????? pls advise....thanks
      Why do you think you should be able to prevent your daughter and her Father from having a relationship?
      Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X