Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri

my girlfreind has state ordered visits to the psychologist. shes tried to commit suicide. also when she was 7 (she is now 15) her mom commited suicide so they blame all of it on her when it is them who cause the problems and make things worse. how can she get out of her house hold?

Originally posted by ThisOne
    my girlfreind has state ordered visits to the psychologist. shes tried to commit suicide. also when she was 7 (she is now 15) her mom commited suicide so they blame all of it on her when it is them who cause the problems and make things worse. how can she get out of her house hold?
    At this point, the only way she could get out is if the family was investigated, abuse was substantiated, and the state (CPS) deemed that the only solution to the problem was to remove her and place her with other family members or foster care. The fact that she is suicidal and ordered to attend counseling is a dead giveaway that she cannot be on her own. If you are encouraging her to "get out", you are only contributing to her problems, which she obviously does not need. As to the mother's suicide, you have no idea how that can affect her. It has been noted and documented that a child of a suicidal parent is more likely to attempt suicide. So, yes, her mother's suicide most certainly can affect her and her coping skills. After all, if death solved her mother's problems, why shouldn't it solve hers? (see the reasoning, here?) The best thing you can do is be supportive of your gf's efforts to get healthy. Don't pile anything else on. You may be trying to help, but giving her false hope is just cruel.

On a purlely legal front, if you are talking about emancipation, it is not an option for her, as Missouri has no statutes for emancipation of a minor.
    Last edited by mommyof4; 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

its not me trying to get her out of the house. she wanted that before i even met her. i am just trying to help her. when ever she is away from her dad, and step mom she is fine but then they start interfereing by going through her personal things, not giving her any privacy, calling her a **** straight to her face, calling her late mom a selfish *****, calling her a druggy, hitting her, ignoring her, and isnt allowed to do anything but clean and go to school. and her getting away from that house hold will help extremely to her getting healthier.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X