Child Support Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Michigan

My husband pays about $1,100 in child support for 3 kids. Two of the kids live with their mom but the state has two separate child support cases even tho they have the same parents and brother and sister. I've been told they shouldn't have two separate cases when they live together etc. We've also found out that the kids haven't been living with their mom but their grandparents. Now my husband has always paid child support and their saying he has arrearages of $25,000. The court refuses to give my husband any info on this and we're thinking that his ex put all 6 kids she has on her welfare as my husbands when only 2 are his. They refuse to give his lawyer or him any info because she has asked to have her info private telling the courts my husband is a drug user which is not true at all. My husband doesn't even know his kids. She's kept them from him their whole lives. She got vindictive when he married me and I have never met my step kids. Isn't there laws to protect the father when it comes to him paying child support. We think she's been lying to the courts and welfare. Don't mean to ask so much just we're really frustrated and we're barely making ends meet due to all of this. I'm working 52+ hrs and killing myself to keep us barely above water as they say. Any help or suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated.

First off the child support office can not with hold any information from the father. I would write in writing to the FIA office were mom gets welfare from, and have the papers of the support order in witch dad pays and summit them to the welfare office. 2ND here is a number for child support that will tell you the specifics on his case. 18775432660 after dialing it will ask you for a county code. that would be the first 3 letters of your city,town. for instance arenac county would be ARE then you will need dads social # and then you will create a pass word for yourself to remember. I hope this helps....

Comment

Also if I were dad I would go down to the child support offfice and file for visitation if ha already has visitation tell the courts mom is not obeying. there is fee to file for visitation. in bay county mi it is 100.00 but it is all worth it.

Comment

This is for Calhoun County. We're in Ingham so it's quite a drive. We've written the case worker etc and they just ignore it. His lawyer has too and they won't tell him much at all. He has a case also in Eaton County but that one is cool...his son will be out of school in one more yr. But the other two with a different mom have 2 seperate cases which if I am correct their suppose to have the same case # and with child support they have the larger amount for the 1st child then add on half of that for the second. I'll try that number you gave me..ty. We've been at our wits end for a couple yrs now and struggling bad due to them not wanting to work with us. She's told them she wants all her stuff confidential. When she found out she couldn't deny me visitation either she went into hiding and got a PO BOx. Then she was dating this guy and told him she was pregnant with his kid..he married her and now finds out the kid isn't even his. She has 6 kids and only two of them are my husbands but she's put him down we think as the dad with FIA for all 6

also for the 6 kids 2 of my husband's the other 4 have different daddy's.

Comment

PLease call that number and see if it helps in any way. I'm curious. I'd be glad to help if you have anymore questions. also try www.misdu.com. maybe you can get some info from there.

Comment

Calling it in a few..I'll definitly let you know

Comment

when I call and it asks for the county code..first 3 digits of the county name...I put in CAL for calhoun county and it says they can't locate it.

Comment

when you call the number put in 273 and it should still work

Comment

because my fiance has 2 cases in 2 counties and it works for both

Comment

Also I found a number for child support for your area 2699661284 maybe you can get some where by calling this number.

Comment

cool beans worked...ty

Both cases for this one is in Calhoun County. Their brother and sister but have seperate cases...both my husbands.

Now what also gets me is he has the kids fully covered in blue cross /blue shield but she's using medicaid? For one kid alone she has racked up over $2,000 and for the other $1,000

Something isn't right here...it's like she didn't tell FIA about the BC/BS....and FIA won't talk to us about her case etc.

Other thing is the older child who is almost 10 has child care expenses? She's not handicapped and the younger who is almost 8 doesn't have child care expenses.
                      Last edited by Waskle; 04-21-2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

If i were your husband contact your case worker at the child support office and explain to them that he pays insurance for them and she is not using it. and go from there.

Comment

I wrote everything down for him...he gets home from work in a half hr...he was wondering where all the expenses were coming from since he pays so much child support. I'll get back with ya here when I find out more. I really do appreciate you helping me on this..

Comment

no problem keep me updated. I hope everything goes well!!!!! [email protected]. my email if you have anymore questions id be glad to help.

Comment

[email protected] is [email protected] for msn instant.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X