michigan divorce and support issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michigan divorce and support issues

My husband left april 3rd 2005 and served me with divorce first. i tried to beat him to it only because i knew he was gonna leave state and dissappear. well he left state august 18, 2005 and never said goodbye to his 5 kids, his job, courts, family or friends. he left to be with a woman he met on a music chat room he met thrue the room in sep of 2004. and for that he left 19 yrs of marraige. i am doing better and met someone myself. i now want the divorce even more than him. but we should of been divorced by jan 9th 2006. he served papers and never done anything since. the courts say i gotta wait till they close his case to get my case going to serve him. but now i want him to sign off the house to me being he left and ins on kids is gone since aug last year and i had to pay all the bills that was not paid for 2 months or longer before he left. even the van i caught it up and saved it from being taken away but he took it from me before he left state now they keep calling me to find out where it is to repo. my name is not on it but the bother is horrid. what can i ask for and possibly get so i dont get broker than i am already he is not consistant at all and for months after he left none at all but even after 3000 in the whole in child support the taxes from 2004 when we was togther will be garnished for his back support... i am furious about this that was the one thing he said i could have all of because of the way he left me and the kids .. he said he owes me that much..
    if you have any advice i would appreciate it..

Originally posted by katkando1969
    My husband left april 3rd 2005 and served me with divorce first. i tried to beat him to it only because i knew he was gonna leave state and dissappear. well he left state august 18, 2005 and never said goodbye to his 5 kids, his job, courts, family or friends. he left to be with a woman he met on a music chat room he met thrue the room in sep of 2004. and for that he left 19 yrs of marraige. i am doing better and met someone myself. i now want the divorce even more than him. but we should of been divorced by jan 9th 2006. he served papers and never done anything since. the courts say i gotta wait till they close his case to get my case going to serve him. but now i want him to sign off the house to me being he left and ins on kids is gone since aug last year and i had to pay all the bills that was not paid for 2 months or longer before he left. even the van i caught it up and saved it from being taken away but he took it from me before he left state now they keep calling me to find out where it is to repo. my name is not on it but the bother is horrid. what can i ask for and possibly get so i dont get broker than i am already he is not consistant at all and for months after he left none at all but even after 3000 in the whole in child support the taxes from 2004 when we was togther will be garnished for his back support... i am furious about this that was the one thing he said i could have all of because of the way he left me and the kids .. he said he owes me that much..
    if you have any advice i would appreciate it..
    You need to get an attorney. Call your state's Bar Association to see if they have a list of ones doing pro bono work or sliding scale fees.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X