need some input in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some input in Michigan

Hey there, I jsut wanted to know if I informed my ex husband in person of my resent discission to move in michigan if i have to send him a letter still stating that fact. i know i have to send a letter to the f.o.c. in my county which deals with my child support case. i have notified him of my future plans to move and i just want to do this the proper way thanks for your time

Originally posted by michmom
    Hey there, I jsut wanted to know if I informed my ex husband in person of my resent discission to move in michigan if i have to send him a letter still stating that fact. i know i have to send a letter to the f.o.c. in my county which deals with my child support case. i have notified him of my future plans to move and i just want to do this the proper way thanks for your time
    I don't know if you are required to notify by mail, however, it certainly won't hurt to do so, just in case. Send it by certified mail so that you have a reciept as proof.

A good rule to live by: always make sure you have documentation of anything involving any legal issue.
    Xena

Comment

thank you for your advice. i have been keeping a notebook for ALL and any contact with him and his family from dates and times of pick up and drop off of the children and who picked them up as well. usually it's his mother rarely him. i have been doing this for three years and will contunue to do so until my six year old turns 18 years old. thank you again.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X