Michigan Please Help With Any Info!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Please Help With Any Info!!!

I was wondering if anyone has information on michigan domestic violence laws in michigan? Me and my husband got in a very heated argument and it got physical, we had been having marital problems for about a month and I completely lost control and approched him with a argument that got way out of hand and I just wanted him out of the house. He spent 1 day in jail and now we have a preliminary trial on Feb 27th. The state has picked up the charges which I can't have dropped. Me and my husband have been seeking marriage counseling for 4 sessions now and he has moved back into the house after the incident because we know we both acted in a horrible way that morning, we both just want to move on and get passed this situation. Does anyone have info about what he might be facing in this case? He has no prior record of any sort and has never been in trouble before. Thanks for any info!!

I live in michigan as well and had the same situation happen all i did was hire an attorney and was present at court hearing and the judge asked me what I would like to happen and I told them he was sole provider for our household and they released the charges.

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice if you have any more info for me that would be great.

Comment

I suggest that you talk with your husband's attorney. It could be if you do not cooperate that the charges will be dropped at trial. Also, it could be that some kidn of diversion-dismissal agreement can be worked out.

Comment

You husband needs to attend an anger management class and most likely since this is his first time he wont get time but he will be required to attend anger management classes and it would not be a bad idea if you attended them with him

Comment

Originally posted by thirdpartycustody View Post
            You husband needs to attend an anger management class and most likely since this is his first time he wont get time but he will be required to attend anger management classes and it would not be a bad idea if you attended them with him
            Hi There, Some of these posts are a little old. Usually, ones dated older than a month are considered done unless the original poster comes back. Most times, they don't come back after their issue is over with.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X