Help us 20 & 26 from michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help us 20 & 26 from michigan

I need to know if it will hurt my boyfriend in his divorce for us to be dating? I just ended my divorce and nothing happened to me but his divorce is going really badly can somebody please help me??????? Thanks

You both need to consult his divorce attorney for advice. The reality is that if it is already out there, it probably does not matter, but sometimes seeing soemone else will egg a spouse to be nastier. It really depends on the people involved and the overall situation.

Comment

If you're having sexual contact, it could. First you need to find out your state laws on adultery. If your state is really big on it, then I would end the relationship until the divorce is final. Regardless though, its not going to look too good on his part but it all matters the judge you have!

Comment

Originally posted by pesterfield3
        If you're having sexual contact, it could. First you need to find out your state laws on adultery. If your state is really big on it, then I would end the relationship until the divorce is final. Regardless though, its not going to look too good on his part but it all matters the judge you have!
        A person can have sex with half the state and it normally doesn't affect the outcome of a divorce. The exceptions to this would be if there are children involved (not mentioned by the OP) and even then mom would most likely be the one that has a problem with the fact that dad is dating, not the judge, unless of course the person he is dating could be considered a danger to the children.

The other most common exception is when there is a substancial amout of marital assets (adultry can be considered a factor that would allow the wife to receive a bigger property settlement because of it). If this is the case with the op, the bf would be able tp afford a good attorney and there would be no need for the op to be seeking free advice on the internet.

States rarely, if ever, charge a person with the CRIME of adultry. Even if they did, a relationship started after divorce proceeding begin or while there was a legal seperation, would be exempt because the divorcing parties are no longer living as husband and wife.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X