Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dadindeed
    replied
    I hired an attorney monday to get the paperwork started on the visitation. The cast is out of washtenaw county, so I was told it was gonna be about 4 weeks before I get a court date. The mother is not allowing me to see my daughter unless I go to her house for the visitation. I have a good bond with my child, why she would just take that away is beyond me? Some are telling me that i will not get overnights because my daughter is only 1.5. I have already established a relationship with her. I have already had many overnights when the BM and I were in aggreement with a visitation schedule.

Leave a comment:

• elklaw
    replied
    Mom was nice earlier in case you were the father so she can get money from you and now she has the money, she wants money and never to let you see the kid. I suggest that you get court ordered visitation spelling out when you get the kid. That way, if she goes thru changes, you can call the police to come with you to pick up the kid if you arrive and she is going thru changes and will not let you exercise visitation. You sound like a concientious parent. If this kind of behavior persists, when the child is older and if you are stable, you should consider petitioning to be the primary custodial parent.

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by dadindeed
    I had a child with a woman I was not married to, she was born 10-24-05. Paternity was a ? for the both of us. After paternity was established the baby was 5 months old by then.. I did however see baby sometimes through that time period, just incase she was mine. Well I have had a regualr visitation schedule with baby since paternity was established on 7-23-05. Mom and I do argue at times, but for the most part she gets her money every week so she is happy most of the time. Well we have no court order for visitation yet, we have been making our own between the 2 of us. well she has really been being a *** about the whole thing now and is changing the schedules up constantly. So unfortunatly the working between the 2 of us is no longer working out. She is denying visitation now and will not let me see baby till I go to court. Baby is ot 1.5 and I was getting her eow and 1 day during the week for 4 hrs. Well Mom thinks that is to much now and does not want that schedule any longer. WEll I feel its a normal parenting time schedule and I would like to go to court and have that schedule signed by a judge. Mom said she is going to fight it and make sure I do not get that schedule. In michigan what are my chances, and should I get an attorney for this or since I have regualr visits established since paternity was established will the judge give me a decent schedule or screw me cause mOm is being a selfish parent? I have all documantation of every time I had baby with me. The time I got her and the time I took her home. Will that help in court? Thank you for all the help anyone is willing to give!
    A court order for visitation is definately needed, you can get an attorney, or do it yourself. An attorney is the best way to go, if you can afford one.

Usually the court will allow generous visitation. If I understand correctly you had your child every other week-end and 1 day during the week, that is pretty much the very basic visitation that courts set. More time can be added, and the order will spell out things like holidays, etc.

What you are asking for is not out of line, so I hope you file ASAP.
    Xena

Leave a comment:

• dadindeed
    started a topic Michigan visitation HELP PLZ

Michigan visitation HELP PLZ

I had a child with a woman I was not married to, she was born 10-24-05. Paternity was a ? for the both of us. After paternity was established the baby was 5 months old by then.. I did however see baby sometimes through that time period, just incase she was mine. Well I have had a regualr visitation schedule with baby since paternity was established on 7-23-05. Mom and I do argue at times, but for the most part she gets her money every week so she is happy most of the time. Well we have no court order for visitation yet, we have been making our own between the 2 of us. well she has really been being a *** about the whole thing now and is changing the schedules up constantly. So unfortunatly the working between the 2 of us is no longer working out. She is denying visitation now and will not let me see baby till I go to court. Baby is ot 1.5 and I was getting her eow and 1 day during the week for 4 hrs. Well Mom thinks that is to much now and does not want that schedule any longer. WEll I feel its a normal parenting time schedule and I would like to go to court and have that schedule signed by a judge. Mom said she is going to fight it and make sure I do not get that schedule. In michigan what are my chances, and should I get an attorney for this or since I have regualr visits established since paternity was established will the judge give me a decent schedule or screw me cause mOm is being a selfish parent? I have all documantation of every time I had baby with me. The time I got her and the time I took her home. Will that help in court? Thank you for all the help anyone is willing to give!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X