$51.00 a month!!! HELP in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $51.00 a month!!! HELP in Michigan

I need to know if there is a min. amount a support order can be issued for. I received in the mail today the recamondation for child support. My ex did not tell the truth about how much he makes and was ordered to pay $ 51.00 a month for 2 children.. Can this be real? That is only $6.00 a week per child, that would not even cover lunch for the week!!! There is nothing wrong with him that would keep him from working a full time job. Who can I contact or what should I do? Any help would be great.

Originally posted by ABA3
    I need to know if there is a min. amount a support order can be issued for. I received in the mail today the recamondation for child support. My ex did not tell the truth about how much he makes and was ordered to pay $ 51.00 a month for 2 children.. Can this be real? That is only $6.00 a week per child, that would not even cover lunch for the week!!! There is nothing wrong with him that would keep him from working a full time job. Who can I contact or what should I do? Any help would be great.
    First, was the paper only a recommendation- or is it the actual court order, signed by a Judge?

Was there any type of hearing? If so, did you attend the hearing?

Is this an original support order, or is it a modification of an already existing order?

What state is the order in?

Comment

Originally posted by xena
      First, was the paper only a recommendation- or is it the actual court order, signed by a Judge?

Was there any type of hearing? If so, did you attend the hearing?

Is this an original support order, or is it a modification of an already existing order?

What state is the order in?

This was the recommendation. It goes in front of the judge on 2-21-06. Yes there was a hearing in frount of a referee, that I did attend.
      Yes this is an original support order we have been divorced for 4 years, but do to his incarceration I di not ask for any support before. He is out now and working.
      We live in Michigan
      Thank You

Comment

Do you have a lawyer working on this or are you just using the friend of the court? If you do not believe he is working towards his potential or is hiding monies you can request that full disclosure be order if it has not already.

It is possible that this is the order as it seems to probably be the minimum allowed by the state. You would need to prove or have him prove that he's disclosed all that is required.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X