Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I register with the Central Adoption Registry in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I register with the Central Adoption Registry in Michigan?

How do I register with the Central Adoption Registry in Michigan?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Re: How do I register with the Central Adoption Registry in Michigan?

It is important to remember that only the former parent and adult former sibling can register with the Central Adoption Registry.
    Former parents may complete a FIA 1919, "Parent's Consent or Denial to Release Information to Adult Adoptee".
    An adult sibling may file either the FIA 1917, "Adult Former Sibling Statement to Release Information to Adult Adoptee" or the FIA 1918, "Release of Information to Adult Adoptee by Brother/Sister as Proxy for Deceased Parent".
    These forms are available by contacting the family division of circuit court, a child placing agency, local Department of Human Services, the Central Adoption Registry, or by downloading the form from your computer.
    The forms must be completed with as much of the child's information as possible and mailed to the Central Adoption Registry. (Note: the form found on this system cannot automatically be transferred.)
    What if I, as the former parent or the adult former sibling, registered with the Central Adoption Registry and I change my mind or move?

The Central Adoption Registry allows one to change their statement at any time simply by completing a new form and sending it to the Central Adoption Registry.

Can someone look for the adopted person for me to see if they are interested in contact?

The confidential intermediary program was designed to assist in search and contact if your parental rights were terminated after May 28, 1945 but before September 12, 1980. If your parental rights were terminated before May 28, 1945 or after September 12, 1980, you may wish to talk to the court that finalized the child's adoption or the agency that handled the adoption to learn if they offer any service that may assist you.

As a birth parent, I would like a copy of the original former certificate; how do I obtain a copy?

The original birth certificate is sealed at the time of an adoption. Releasing the original former certificate requires a court order from the court that holds the record of adoption.
    Please contact me again if there are any problems.
    Yours faithfully,

Todd

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X