Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the requirements to become an adoptive parent in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the requirements to become an adoptive parent in Michigan?

What are the requirements to become an adoptive parent in Michigan?
    Your prompt reply is very much appreciated.

Re: What are the requirements to become an adoptive parent in Michigan?

Agencies are most interested in a person(s) parenting ability and commitment to adoption. A person must be at least 18 years old to adopt and if legally married, both partners must be parties to adoption. Contact a licensed child-placing agency that does adoptions for more information.

Do I have to be married to adopt?

No. A single parent is perfectly acceptable if all other criteria are met and the parent is assessed as capable of meeting the needs of the child.

Do I have to own my own home to adopt?

No. A rented house or apartment is fine as long as there is adequate bedroom space per child, a safe play area and no health and/or fire hazards. Again, all other criteria must be met as well.

Can I adopt more than one child?

Yes. There are many brothers and sisters waiting to be adopted and we encourage families to adopt siblings to maintain family bonds. Families sometimes adopt one child and decide later they would like to adopt more children.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Yours truly,

Todd

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X