Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to adopt a child in Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doraangel275
    replied
    help with interstate adoption

my husband and i are trying to adopt our daughters children, the children are in michigan and we live in indiana, can anyone give us advice .

Leave a comment:

• Lucy88
    replied
    Re: How much does it cost to adopt a child in Michigan?

The cost of adoption varies greatly and depends on the type of adoption. The costs typically associated with adopting a child who is a permanent state or court ward are far less than a direct placement or private agency ward adoption. These costs include court filing fees and medical and legal documentation necessary to complete the adoption. Many of these costs can be reimbursed through the state’s non-recurring expenses (NRE) program.
    Costs associated with direct placement adoptions can include birth parent expenses and agency fees. Michigan has the Adoption Facilitator Clearinghouse, which maintains information about adoption agencies serving a particular county or counties. The Adoption Facilitator Clearinghouse can provide information about the actual costs adoptive parents incurred when adopting a direct placement child through a private adoption agency. To request this information (please note there may be a fee associated with this service) call 517-335-6369 or submit a written request to:
    Department of Human Services
    Payment Reconciliation Section
    PO Box 30025
    Lansing, MI 48909
    Please contact me again if there are any problems.
    Yours faithfully,
    Lucy

Leave a comment:

• Hernan
    started a topic How much does it cost to adopt a child in Michigan?

I hope to get answers from you.

Hernan
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X