Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my Stepdad Say anything Michigan

Okay, so I have another problem:

My Stepdad is an *** and I can't do anything about it. I need to know if I have too listen to a word he says. My mom married him like 4 years ago and I have always had problems with him. Tell me what I should do please. Keep in mind I am 18 now.
    Last edited by ChicaChick07; 02-18-2007, 03:42 PM. Reason: Wasn't done Posting

Originally posted by ChicaChick07 View Post
    Okay, so I have another problem:
    Answer on you orginal thread...don't start a new one with each reply!!
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

The same as your other thread. His house, his rules.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

I've been a step dad, and I also HAD a step dad.

While my siblings saw him as a***, I didn't.

For the most part, you should be glad you have a balance of 2 parents in the home. Mothers are usually way too lenient-which seems fun for you at the time, but really isn't what's needed in the teen years.

Trust me, parents really don't have a "how to ruin a teenager's fun" master plan hidden somewhere. If teens automatically 'knew it all' at some magic age, parents would be more than happy to congratulate teens on their xx birthday, and be done with it.

If he's irritating you just because he's 'strict' etc, you may be luckier than you think. Ask anyone 25 or so how much they know NOW compared to when they were 18..

Just enjoy being 18.
        Last edited by Ambiguous; 11-12-2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

As long as we are on the subject of age... take a look at the age of the original post.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Mothers are usually way too lenient
            Sorry, I know this post is old, but I just have to address this statement.

Ambiguous...I can guarantee you that I am by FAR the strictest in my home. I am the disciplinarian and all of my munchkins have learned that when they go to Daddy to override my rules, not only do they get in trouble for it, so does Daddy.

You might want to rethink your over generalization of the 'fairer' sex.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
              As long as we are on the subject of age... take a look at the age of the original post.
              So it was what - 9 months ago? Maybe she's still in need of advice..or some other teen who's reading this thread for the first time today.

mommyof4, congrats (seriously) if you are the strictest in your home, but what I've seen in my almost 60 yrs of life overwhelmingly has mothers way too lenient.

I'm certainly not generalizing. For example, just today as I'm surfing thru some of the other posts here by MI teens, I'm seeing something like "Mom thinks it's/he's okay, but Dad doesn't..." over and over again.

Comment

So it was what - 9 months ago? Maybe she's still in need of advice.
                Nope, I don't think so. Here's why.

ChicaChick07:
                Last Activity: 02-18-2007 07:11 PM
                The moderators have repeatedly asked that we do not post to old or dead threads. It bumps the threads up to the top of the list, thus pushing new questions down.

Please don't.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X