Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea well he can take my fone n car n other things but hes not gonna kick me out. but even if he did i got places n im bout to have a job so i can then get me own place. n wat do u meen the queens english? but idk tho, im not the type of kid to leave but sumtimes i jus feel like it cause its like bn n jail, im on lockdown here. so how wud u feel not bn able to go ne where? stuck at the house? like a fish in a tank. better yet how about a fish whom cant swim? but idk its jus sumthin i can threatin him with, leavin.

Comment

I have no idea what you just said.

Comment

I'm 27 years old and I don't get to "do wat I want". I'm not sure what you think being an adult is about, but doing whatever you want doesn't really happen at any age. You're going to have some really tough lessons to learn as you grow up. Your dad is trying (albeit a bit late, I think) to teach you some of those lessons at home before you're unleashed on the world. If you insist on being stubborn and rebellious and learning the hard way, you're hurting yourself more than anyone else.

Comment

Hahaboo95, your post was deleted due to language and content.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

This matter is soooo heart breaking!! We to had a daughter take off the morning of her 17th birthday. It is so discouraging for numerous reasons. It also starts an epidemic with all their friends and pretty much takes away the parents rights. We feel that if they can leave and act like an adult then they should be responsible for their own actions including financially and they shouldn't get free hand outs from the state until they have proven the reason they left home where they had a roof and food over their head is unfit. The so called 17 year old adult should prove they have looked for work before they can get state aide. We also agree what is up with this at 17 they can declare theirselves homeless? Homeless is living in a card board box which we would love to take these 17 year olds and make them live in one so they know what homeless actually is!!
            We are urging- begging anyone who has been through this or is currently going through this to contact your state representative the grey area between 17 and 18 needs to be clarified. The age needs to be either 17 or 18 not in between!!! We don't believe 17 would work due to the majority of 17 year olds that are still in school what a mess that would cause they could come and go as they please from school needless to say they can already from home because they can leave home but you can't kick them out! UGH

Comment

Can we all please stop responding to threads that originated in years other than the current calendar one?
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I am not sure if I am following you. This is current for us. We currently still have issues that we are dealing with our 17 year old that left. As parents of other children in the home we would like to see the Michigan Law changed. The children hear and see what is happening and now know that they to can leave home if they don't like the rules along with all their friends. It is a way deeper subject than anyone can imagine until they go through it. Just like being responsible for them even though you don't know where they are at or what they are doing. Medically we have to be available in her time of need if that should ever happen because we are the only ones that can take her to the Dr., dentist, ER etc...

Comment

Originally posted by maggie1942 View Post
                  I am not sure if I am following you. This is current for us. We currently still have issues that we are dealing with our 17 year old that left. As parents of other children in the home we would like to see the Michigan Law changed. The children hear and see what is happening and now know that they to can leave home if they don't like the rules along with all their friends. It is a way deeper subject than anyone can imagine until they go through it. Just like being responsible for them even though you don't know where they are at or what they are doing. Medically we have to be available in her time of need if that should ever happen because we are the only ones that can take her to the Dr., dentist, ER etc...
                  The situation may be current for YOU, but it is NOT current for the original poster.
                  Please stop posting on old threads. If you have something to say, please start your own thread.

Comment

If you have a current situation, then YOU start your OWN thread and do not add to an old one.

Comment

Sorry so I am new to this website...

Comment

wow

Leave your daughter alone, if she wants to be out on her own stop trying to track her down. LEAVE EM ALONE, THEY LIKE IT. You seem like a contoroling person and want to be in control of your daughters life, she is in fact 17 and dont need you every step of the way.
                        Thank you.
                        Mckenzie.

Comment

This thread started in 2006 and has not been added to since 2009. Everyone referred to in it is now over 18. Watch the dates before you post.

I'm betting you're 17, right?

Comment

Whichever whatever, Barbiegrl. Start a new thread.
                            I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                            Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                            I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                            Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                            Working...
                            X