Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Can I runaway and live with my stepsister's dad Michigan

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I runaway and live with my stepsister's dad Michigan

    Last night I got a calll from my older sister who is 27 she has been worried about my life style at home for a long time now.. Her dad wants me to live with him... the thing is hes not my reall dad but his name is on me birth certficit... and he can afford to have me.... but I'm afriad that my dad will call the cops and they will come get me and take me home... I'm wondering if that will happen or if their is anyway to avoid that... Please help me I need to get out of this house....

  • #2
    Your custodial parent can call the cops and have you brought home.

    In addition, your sister's dad could be charged with a number of crimes including interference of custody and harboring a runaway.

    It is a really bad idea.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

    I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

    Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.