Need Help in Change of Venue for Visitation Hearing Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in Change of Venue for Visitation Hearing Michigan

I am being sued for visitation by my son's paternal grandma. His father committed suicide in Aug. I live in a different (non ajoining) county to where our case used to be heard. I have NOT denied the GP (grand parent) time with my son at all, I am just not giving her the very other weekend and every other holiday she wants! The judge in our old county can't decide if he still has jurisdiction over case, and I have 1 more week to prove venue should be changed to the county I and my son live in. The GP filed under her deceased sons name and old case number which I thought wrong. Not too mention she moved a week ago to a different county herself. So I am so lost. The questions: Can venue be changed what can I present to judge to prove it should? And Can GP file her case under dead son's number and name? Help please! I am doing whats best for my son by limiting visits with GP.

Originally posted by CM1 View Post
    I am being sued for visitation by my son's paternal grandma. His father committed suicide in Aug. I live in a different (non ajoining) county to where our case used to be heard. I have NOT denied the GP (grand parent) time with my son at all, I am just not giving her the very other weekend and every other holiday she wants! The judge in our old county can't decide if he still has jurisdiction over case, and I have 1 more week to prove venue should be changed to the county I and my son live in. The GP filed under her deceased sons name and old case number which I thought wrong. Not too mention she moved a week ago to a different county herself. So I am so lost. The questions: Can venue be changed what can I present to judge to prove it should? And Can GP file her case under dead son's number and name? Help please! I am doing whats best for my son by limiting visits with GP.
    I sent you a PM the other day on this, have you gotten my PM?
    Xena

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X