termination of parental rights --- but should of not happen HELP Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• termination of parental rights --- but should of not happen HELP Michigan

I have a very unique situation here in the state of Michigan. I have twin daughters born in 93, the birth father has not been in their lives. In 2002 my husband was going to adopt them, the hearing for the birth father to terminate his rights was set for feb 03, I was sent overseas on a deployment and returned to find out that my husband was not faithful so we ended in divorce and the adoption was dismissed. But now I found out due to the birth father being arrested in Kentucky that his rights were terminated since 03 (which I haven't seen any paperwork on) and that still to this date are still terminated. I did call the county and all I get is that the judge put the order in and its stays that way unless I get a lawyer, which i do not have money for. So now the father does not have to pay child support. Can anyone help me in regards to How can the court do this when the adoption was dismissed?
    thanks chel
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X