Father of unborn baby Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father of unborn baby Michigan

Please give me some advice. My girlfriend is pregnant. I'm sure she hasn't cheated, and I saw 2 positive PG tests. This only happened in the past week so she has not been to a doctor yet. I'm 25, she is 24, we've been together about a year - the relationship has been a roller coaster, to say the least. She constantly threatens to kill herself and has now threatened to get drunk and kill herself and the baby, or threatened to have an abortion. Do I have any rights to this baby???

Originally posted by trasee19
    Please give me some advice. My girlfriend is pregnant. I'm sure she hasn't cheated, and I saw 2 positive PG tests. This only happened in the past week so she has not been to a doctor yet. I'm 25, she is 24, we've been together about a year - the relationship has been a roller coaster, to say the least. She constantly threatens to kill herself and has now threatened to get drunk and kill herself and the baby, or threatened to have an abortion. Do I have any rights to this baby???
    You really don't have any PARENTAL rights until the baby is born. However, you do have rights as a basic U.S. citizen- if you see that the mother is indanger of harming herself (and in the process her unborn child) you have every right to get the mother some help. I don't know what it's called in your state, in Florida it's called Baker Act- that's when a person who is in danger of harming themself or others can be involuntarily hospitalized for an evaluation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X