Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aan a Minor move out in Michigan with permission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aan a Minor move out in Michigan with permission?

I'm 16 and will be 17 in January, my friends (whom I've known for quite a few years) and I have found a house that we could easily afford, two of us have Jobs, the third is seeking one. I'd like to know if I am legally able to move out of my parents house and into one with my friends, if given permission. I've seen the threads about Emancipation, but from my understanding thats for people who want to be seperated from their parents for reasons such as abuse. I simply want to move out, no hard feelings for my folks at all. Can I do it?
    Last edited by Kyael; 07-30-2006, 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

I think if your parents give you permission there would be no problem. Are you sure you can afford it? The cost of lights, water, heat, phone, food, and all other household products? Trust me it is not cheap.

Comment

Mom26 is correct. If you have your parents' consent (both parents) then you can legally move out. However, your parents are still 100% financially and legally responsible for you.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

I've always been aware of costs, sometimes more aware than my parents. Thanks for the info and warning, I apreciate it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X