Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAW1962
    replied
    I agree, the next time she becomes violent, call the police. However, I would suggest that instead of letting them cart her off to jail, have her involuntarily committed (as a danger to others) to a facility that is skilled in treating people with alcohol addiction. Acute alcohol withdrawal can be a life-threatening emergency that requires intense medical intervention by trained professionals.

Leave a comment:

• Zephyr
    replied
    Originally posted by manda11
    My husbands mother has been an alcoholic for over 11 years, but will not admit she has a problem. We would like to get her professional help, but do not know how to go about doing it, without her admitting she needs it. She's very viloent, stabbing people with things, throwing things at them, etc. for just disagreeing on something as simple as what to eat.

when she stabs someone again, encourage them to press charges against her, maybe waking up in a jail will make her see the light.....

Leave a comment:

• alone
    replied
    Originally posted by manda11
    My husbands mother has been an alcoholic for over 11 years, but will not admit she has a problem. We would like to get her professional help, but do not know how to go about doing it, without her admitting she needs it. She's very viloent, stabbing people with things, throwing things at them, etc. for just disagreeing on something as simple as what to eat.

There is no one that can have her admitted some where for help. Even if they could,wich they can't, it wouldn't do any good. Have you tried an intervention? Believe it or not this does usually work. If this doesn't work the only other thing you can do is wait until she becomes violent again and call the police. I know this doesn't sound good but my family is going through a similar situation with my brother right now and there is nothing that we can do. He is doing some heavy drugs. If he doesn't open his eyes to his problem soon he will either end up dead or in jail. No one can say anything to him or he snaps. He doesn't get physical but he rants and raves and slams things around. Good luck.

alone

Leave a comment:

• manda11
    started a topic Help with alcoholic mother Michigan

Help with alcoholic mother Michigan

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X