Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Divorce or Not

In 5 years, you do not go from somewhere to flipping burgers at
    McGrossland.no , but there's quite a difference in starting salary in your income after
    5 years with the same company, especially if you are a single mom & every
    penny counts.

you seem to like to argue, wanna get married? )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

McGrossland.no , but there's quite a difference in starting salary in your income after
      5 years with the same company, especially if you are a single mom & every
      penny counts.

you seem to like to argue, wanna get married? )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"longshot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home
        mom
        today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do
        today,
        and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.
        I think the 5 years off makes you unemployable in a lucrative position. IOW : you start over at the bottom
        In 5 years, you do not go from somewhere to flipping burgers at McGrossland.
        I think it's real world for many. Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself? not much at all, I think we have strayed from that considerably. )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home
          mom
          today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do
          today,
          and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.
          I think the 5 years off makes you unemployable in a lucrative position. IOW : you start over at the bottom
          In 5 years, you do not go from somewhere to flipping burgers at McGrossland.
          I think it's real world for many. Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself? not much at all, I think we have strayed from that considerably. )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"B. Chamberlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
            On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:42:06 -0500, "longshot" <[email protected]> wrote: If you're talking alimony, I'd do jail time before I'd pay some ***** to screw someone else. No way.
            if you have Kids, it's not technically alimony.. although she clearly
            benefits from your payments.

another question,, would you prefer to live with some ***** miserably or
            just pay her to go away?
            if you answered yes to the first part , then you might still love her.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"B. Chamberlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
              On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:42:06 -0500, "longshot" <[email protected]> wrote: If you're talking alimony, I'd do jail time before I'd pay some ***** to screw someone else. No way.
              if you have Kids, it's not technically alimony.. although she clearly
              benefits from your payments.

another question,, would you prefer to live with some ***** miserably or
              just pay her to go away?
              if you answered yes to the first part , then you might still love her.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

I just objected to the go live with Mom, live on public assistance in the ghetto characterization of divorced stay at home mothers.
                it really depends on the husband (or ex),, it's clearly about financial
                issues unless the women is a professional... IE: Doctor/ lawyer type or
                comes from money.

I definitely like to argue. I am already married.
                how's that working out for ya?

Comment

To Divorce or Not

I just objected to the go live with Mom, live on public assistance in the ghetto characterization of divorced stay at home mothers.
                  it really depends on the husband (or ex),, it's clearly about financial
                  issues unless the women is a professional... IE: Doctor/ lawyer type or
                  comes from money.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

McGrossland. no , but there's quite a difference in starting salary in your income after 5 years with the same company, especially if you are a single mom & every penny counts. you seem to like to argue, wanna get married? )
                    I just objected to the go live with Mom, live on public assistance in the
                    ghetto characterization of divorced stay at home mothers.

I definitely like to argue. I am already married. Seeing those 2 sentences
                    next to each other is weird.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

McGrossland. no , but there's quite a difference in starting salary in your income after 5 years with the same company, especially if you are a single mom & every penny counts. you seem to like to argue, wanna get married? )
                      I just objected to the go live with Mom, live on public assistance in the
                      ghetto characterization of divorced stay at home mothers.

I definitely like to argue. I am already married. Seeing those 2 sentences
                      next to each other is weird.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

> I definitely like to argue. I am already married. how's that working out for ya? What, arguing or marriage? I come from a flamboyant, vocal family. Most women think I am obnoxious. My husband calls me an honorary man. There
                        is
                        something about my straightforwardness and non-fear of conflict... So my main beef is there are not a lot of people with whom to argue. I like to argue, but I'm not sure you can handle it!
                        i'd rather argue than get married.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

> I definitely like to argue. I am already married. how's that working out for ya? What, arguing or marriage? I come from a flamboyant, vocal family. Most women think I am obnoxious. My husband calls me an honorary man. There
                          is
                          something about my straightforwardness and non-fear of conflict... So my main beef is there are not a lot of people with whom to argue. I like to argue, but I'm not sure you can handle it!
                          i'd rather argue than get married.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Well, for me, to be looking solely at the financial aspect of bringing children into a marriage/relationship that is not stable is totally missing the point, IMO. What *should* be the reasons for not bringing a child into that situation is the emotional turmoil the child will <most probably> go through when the divorce finally happens and the fact that, with children, you will *still* be tied to the spouse that you aren't sure you want to be tied to. For the OP to say 'I can't see myself being with her for the rest of my life' and then to say they're trying to have a child is contradictory. He *will* be with her in one way or another for the rest of his life if they have a child. Tracey
                            what I meant was... if the wife wants kids & he gives them to her. (& yeah,
                            it's usually the wife that is pressing for them) then they end up splitting
                            up, she gets full custody, he makes payments & sees them every other
                            weekend & becomes nailed to a geographic area... not that he won't love
                            them, but it's sure wouldn't be the same as watching them grow up in the
                            same household.... hopefully they won't be calling somebody else "daddy".

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Well, for me, to be looking solely at the financial aspect of bringing children into a marriage/relationship that is not stable is totally missing the point, IMO. What *should* be the reasons for not bringing a child into that situation is the emotional turmoil the child will <most probably> go through when the divorce finally happens and the fact that, with children, you will *still* be tied to the spouse that you aren't sure you want to be tied to. For the OP to say 'I can't see myself being with her for the rest of my life' and then to say they're trying to have a child is contradictory. He *will* be with her in one way or another for the rest of his life if they have a child. Tracey
                              what I meant was... if the wife wants kids & he gives them to her. (& yeah,
                              it's usually the wife that is pressing for them) then they end up splitting
                              up, she gets full custody, he makes payments & sees them every other
                              weekend & becomes nailed to a geographic area... not that he won't love
                              them, but it's sure wouldn't be the same as watching them grow up in the
                              same household.... hopefully they won't be calling somebody else "daddy".

Comment

To Divorce or Not

it really depends on the husband (or ex),, it's clearly about financial issues unless the women is a professional... IE: Doctor/ lawyer type or comes from money.
                                What, arguing or marriage? I come from a flamboyant, vocal family. Most
                                women think I am obnoxious. My husband calls me an honorary man. There is
                                something about my straightforwardness and non-fear of conflict... So my
                                main beef is there are not a lot of people with whom to argue.

On the marriage front, my main beef is that he is out of town this week. But
                                absence makes the heart grow fonder. As nice as it was getting a special
                                cuddle from sleeping with my son last night, it is not the same as sleeping
                                with DH.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X