• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT - movies

Jennifer in Maryland wrote:
    "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> writes:
    Caren wrote:> "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message> news:<[email protected] k.net>...>> Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
    tear
    >> jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
    really
    >> SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.>> What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
    it.
    How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair
    itself,
    But you just sent three posts out saying you _can't_ do that. These characters have taken the low road and are already beneath contempt! ROFL...that's where my head's at. When I read what Bill wrote, "First,
    you
    have to put aside the affair itself," I had to blink to be sure I was reading it correctly. Jennifer
    When I'm watching a movie I tend to tune out and ignore the stuff I don't
    want to hear, and concentrate on the stuff I do want to hear or feel. I
    like feeling connected with sentimentality in movies - it allows me to join
    in and FEEL feelings.

Comment

OT - movies

Caren wrote:
      "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] link.net>...
      Caren wrote:
      "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] k.net>...> Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
      tear
      > jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
      really
      SAD
      > flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
      it.
      How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself, and look at the lives of the parties involved. IF one can do that
      (just
      for this movie), then it seems to be a sad story - one of (seemingly) unrequited love, so to speak, if I have the right word there. The
      saddest
      part was at the end, when he left her all that sentimental stuff.
      Anyway,
      the only way you can get this perspective (I think) is if you somehow can bypass the affair part and look at the hearts of the individuals (well,
      it
      was a movie after all, so one can take such license, can't one?). Ironically, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would tolerate
      an
      affair, but I put that aside for the benefit of the sentimentality in the movie. Sigh, I guess none of this makes much sense. Bill, why oh why are you so hard on yourself?
      Where? (but yeah, I am). You mean in trying to explain this? I guess
      because it seems a bit complicated to me - on how to explain how I felt, and
      yet despise adultery. Nobody seemed to understand that.
      It made perfect sense. I found the movie to be sad too. Staying in a marriage when you're in love with someone else is not the type of life many would choose. It's a sad existence. So is leaving your family.
      Yes, but in the case of the movie, it seemed she was living a shell of an
      existence. Maybe she should have gotten divorced and remarried him. Or
      maybe that would have ended up no better - in terms of the big picture (for
      everybody).

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X